Operations Manager Leinster Branch – This position will have overall responsibility for the operation of the Leinster Branch of Tennis Ireland.
Reporting to : President of Leinster Tennis
Job Description The duties will include:
• Providing information and advice to affiliated clubs in relation to tournaments, squads and the services available from Leinster Tennis.
• Administration for Leinster squads – send out offer letters, coordinate responses, set up EPP for squad payments, ensure all players sign registration form, monitor squad payments, organise kit, sell kit, monitor squad attendance via roll calls provided by coaches. Order tennis balls. Book courts for squads. Book courts for squad matchplays.
• Overall responsibility for the management of the Leinster Tennis office
• Website – Keep website news up to date, create content for Facebook and Twitter. Update calendar with links to tournament software. • Support Interpros – Junior, Senior, Veterans. Book venues if in Leinster, organise accommodation, food and transport if in other provinces. Send out selection letters and coordinate responses. Organise kit for interpro teams.
• Organise Grand Prix event including prizes.
• Organise all prizes for matchplays, leagues etc. Collect cups from previous year.
• Executive support for the Leinster council – prepare for and attend meetings, AGM etc.
• Management and set up of leagues run by the Leinster Branch. Understand and support all tasks particularly league set up and score entries
• Organise venues for league finals
• To adhere to the Tennis Ireland Code of Conduct for Employees
• Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience Required
● Third level qualification in a sports or management related area.
● A strong understanding of the structure of sport in Ireland, preferably tennis.
● Excellent Project Management skills.
● Ability to operate and thrive in a fast changing and dynamic environment.
● Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Proficiency in utilising social media tools
● Full clean driving licence with access to own transport
● Satisfactory Garda / Police Vetting Additional Information
● Remuneration will be dependent on relevant experience.
● The contract is 2 years in duration based on 37.5 hours per week.
● Flexibility is required with the successful candidate required to work weekends or out of office hours as necessary.
● The post is Dublin based with travel as appropriate.
How to apply Letter of application and CV should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on 25 March 2020. Please reference Operations Manager Leinster Branch application in the subject line.
Recruitment Timeline Interviews to be held week commencing 30th March 2020
About Tennis Ireland & Leinster Tennis Tennis Ireland is the National Governing Body for the sport of tennis in Ireland. Tennis Ireland was founded in 1908 and has almost 180 affiliated clubs and engages with almost 80,000 players. Tennis Ireland stages Pro Tour events including the AIG Irish Open Championships, and selects teams to participate in the Fed Cup, Davis Cup and other international events at Junior, Senior and Veterans level. Tennis Ireland also supports the delivery of a wide range of competitive, educational and development programmes at local, provincial and national levels. www.tennisireland.ie
Leinster Tennis is the largest Branch within Tennis Ireland accounting for 81 Clubs, up to 30,000 players, and a Junior Performance Squad of almost 300 boys/girls under the age of 18.