3rd iCoachKids International Conference
“Child Centred Coaching”
University of Limerick June 14th and 15th 2019
Hosted By Sport Ireland Coaching
The event will be the 3rd conference of this 36-month project co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Commission.
Under the overall theme of ‘Child Centred Coaching’, an international line-up of renowned youth sport experts will deliver keynotes, workshops and practical sessions over the two-day event. Keynotes include:
• Prof Dan Gould, Director of Youth Sports Institute, Michigan State University, USA
• Prof Marie Murphy, Professor of Exercise and Health, Dean of Postgraduate Research and Director of the Ulster Doctoral College, University of Ulster, Northern Ireland
• Prof Nicolette Schipper van Veldhoven, Professor of Sport Pedagogy, Windesheim University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
• Prof Catherine Woods, Chair in Physical Activity and Health, University of Limerick, Ireland
• Kris van der Haegen, Director of Coach Education, Royal Belgian Soccer Association, Belgium
• Dr Sergio Lara-Bercial, Leeds Beckett University and the International Council for Coaching Excellence, Leeds Beckett University, UK
The delegates will have an opportunity to attend eight keynote sessions and select from multiple workshops addressing issues including creating effective children’s coaches, keeping children involved, child centred coaching, session planning, physical literacy, ethics in children’s sport, holistic coaching, the pedagogical and motivational sport climate, and the role of parents in sport.
In addition, the ‘PEAK’ Project will be launched. PEAK – Policy, Education And Knowledge in Coaching – is the new, international agenda for promoting sports coaching as a genuine profession. We have gathered together a unique panel of speakers to share their thoughts on the future of coaching, including Hayley Harrison (Coaching Ireland), Emma Atkins (UK Coaching), Dr Karen Petry (German Sports University), John Bales (International Council for Coaching Excellence), and Dr Richard Bailey (International Council of Sport Science and Physical Education).
A Global Movement is Born
At the previous Conference in Leeds, the most significant element of the conference was the confirmation that iCoachKids, its philosophy and its main goal of supporting the development of a specialist children sport coaching workforce are much more than a three-year project, but has grown in to a global movement.
Sport Ireland Chief Executive, John Treacy, said: “Sport Ireland is delighted to host the 3rd iCoachKids Conference in the University of Limerick. The previous edition of this event attracted a global audience from as far afield as the USA, Australia and South Africa, and we’re looking forward to a large number of delegates to listen to and debate some of the most important issues relating to creating effective children’s coaches. I would also encourage as many Irish coaches as possible to attend what will be an invaluable two days. “
iCK Project Director Dr Sergio Lara-Bercial said “We are delighted that Sport Ireland are hosting the 3rd iCoachKids Conference, and we are looking forward to engaging with National and International delegates, through our exciting technical programme.”
Places at the 3rd iCoachKids Conference in the University of Limerick can be reserved here: https://www.ickinternationalconference.com/
For more information contact Sheelagh.firstname.lastname@example.org 061 202895