The Federation of Irish Sport is delighted to welcome Fáilte Ireland on board as an official partner. Having recognised the need for support to members when bidding to host international sporting events, along with the boost such events can give to the country’s economy, the Federation will work alongside Fáilte Ireland’s ‘Event Ireland’ team to assist members in their bids in a variety of different ways.
Event Ireland is a new team within Fáilte Ireland tasked with growing international bed nights through the events sector. This will be achieved by identifying, bidding for and winning events for Ireland in partnership with relevant stakeholders. The team offer a range of practical and financial supports aimed at supporting individuals and organisations at every stage of the bid process. To be eligible for support the event must:
- Be available for bidding
- Deliver overseas visitors to Ireland
- Provide significant economic impact
- Require little or no infrastructural additions, or tie into planned infrastructural development
- Have private sector investment
- Have sufficient lead in time in order to leverage marketing opportunities
The following practical and financial supports are available to eligible events:
- Financial contribution towards:
- Event feasibility activity;
- Bid document production/design;
- Travel and accommodation costs to present the bid;
- Bid related networking event;
- Site inspection costs;
- The event if confirmed for Ireland (minimum of 6000 bed-nights required).
- Marketing collateral;
- Introduction to approved businesses specialising in event management;
- Convention Bureaux supports;
- Advisory support throughout the process.
For further information, please contact Jennifer, Edel, Frances or Azeta in Fáilte Ireland’s Event Ireland team.
T: (01) 884 7256 / 087 611 4015
T: (01) 884 7897
T: (01) 8847230
T: (01) 884 7180
See more at www.failteireland.ie/Business-Tourism