DCU are pleased to announce their sporting masterclasses. These workshops have been designed to cover areas that have been shown to be of great value in performance sports settings yet aren’t traditionally covered in formal coaching qualifications. The workshops offer the opportunity to learn from highly successful elite coaches who are happy to share their own experiences, ideas and methods with aspiring coaches and interested parties. The format and content will be suitable for coaches and managers from all sporting backgrounds.
A number of different contributors from various sports have been carefully selected to cover the areas chosen.
– Billy Walsh – European, World and Olympic medal winning boxing coach and leader of the Irish Boxing High Performance Unit. Former Coach of the Year
– Jim Gavin – Manager to Dublin’s All Ireland winning football team
– Liam Sheedy – Manager to Tipperary’s All Ireland winning hurling team
– Gary Keegan – Irish Institute of Sport Chief and the coach responsible for developing the high performance unit of Irish Boxing
– Rory Fitzpatrick – Coach to Annalise Murphy, Ireland’s recently crowned European Champion and Olympic sailor
Some of the areas covered will be:
– Leadership in coaching
– Developing a performance environment in your coaching setting
– Creating successful teams
– Self development for the good of your athletes and teams
– Wednesday 12 February 7.30-10pm
– Wednesday 26 February 7.30-10pm
– Wednesday 12 March 7.30-10pm
Each session will consist of two presentations delivered by highly experienced coaches/managers followed by a discussion forum at the end. There will be a short break between each session and refreshments will be provided.
Booking only at:
Follow us on Twitter