PRIVACY NOTICE FOR OUR MEMBERS
The Federation of Irish Sport is committed to respecting the privacy of our members. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect before, during and after your membership with us, and what rights you have with us.
This complies with new laws coming into effect in May 2018.
We have appointed Mary O’Connor as our Data Protection Compliance Manager who has overall responsibility for data protection compliance in our organisation. Contact details are set out in the “Contacting us” section at the end of this privacy notice. We have not appointed an official Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with data protection laws as we do not process large quantities of personal data or sensitive personal data.
Names of data controller
FEDERATION OF IRISH SPORT
Categories of personal data we collect
Personal Information we may collect from you
- You may provide us with or we may obtain personal information about you, such as information regarding your:
- personal contact details that allows us to contact you directly such as name, title, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- personal details that enable us to verify your identity for Garda Vetting purposes including for example date of birth, gender, passport copies and driver’s license;
- records of your interactions with us such as telephone conversations, emails and other correspondence and your instructions to us;
- any feedback you provide in a survey;
- records of your attendance at any events, competitions or workshops delivered by us or our sports partners;
- competition records of rankings and gradings at particular sporting events for research purposes;
- images in video and/or photographic form and voice recordings;
any payment or bank details you provide so that we can receive payments from you or you can receive funding from us and details of the financial transactions with you;
Our sources of the personal data
We obtain personal data when you:
- register your NGB as a member with us and fill out our membership form;
- contact us by phone, email or in any other means;
- make a query on our website;
- register to attend an event / workshop run by us; and
- respond to our surveys or feedback forms
Automated decisions we may take
Purposes, and legal basis for which we process personal data
Who we will disclose your personal data to
We may disclose your personal data to the following:
- Staff and Volunteers who work at venues to support the delivery of FIS events
- Business partners in order to provide services as required and/or requested by NGB’s;
- Garda Vetting Unit (for specific vetting purposes)
Your right to withdraw consent
Where you have given your consent to any processing of personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. If you do, it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing for which we had consent prior to your withdrawing it.
Location of your personal data
We will keep your personal data within the European Economic Area.
How long we will keep your personal data for
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is reasonable and necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We shall retain your personal data for such time as you are registered with us a member.
We will retain personal data for 1 year after your NGB ceases to be a member of the Federation of Irish Sport, or where we become aware that the personal data is no longer necessary or relevant.
In the case of Garda Vetting information, we will retain it for 12 months after the renewal period has expired.
Your rights in respect of your personal data
You have the right of access to your personal data and, in some cases, to require us to restrict, erase or rectify it or to object to our processing it, and the right of data portability.
Our contact details
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we are handling your data please do not hesitate to get in touch with the Data Protection Compliance Manager. You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.