Post Title: Women’s Participation Lead (Part-time – 15 hours per week)
Reports To: Development Manager/Operations Director
Salary: €1200 per month
Contract Duration: 6 months minimum maternity cover from March 2018.
Based: Ideally Triathlon Ireland HQ(Kilmacanogue/Abbottstown), remote work may be a possibility
The post holder will implement a structured programme to deliver the Women in Triathlon Equally Inspiring Strategy. This will include, but is not limited to, the following programmes and projects;
- Maintain an up to date record of all Women’s Officers and update where appropriate.
- Using a wide range of social media effectively communicate projects and programmes with the network and the wider female triathlon community
- Grow and develop the Women’s Network
- Plan and implement club initiatives aimed at increasing levels of sustainable participation, club functioning, profile of the sport of triathlon and coaching for women.
- Plan and deliver two women’s network events per year (March and November)
- Identify and secure resources, through corporate and government support, to promote and develop women in sport initiatives in Triathlon, and within affiliated clubs.
- Plan and deliver, in affiliation with a designated local triathlon club, a women and girls only triathlon.
- Keep up to date with other national women’s initiatives and use their networks to promote Triathlon where appropriate.
- Ensure effective activation of Sponsor profile at events.
- In collaboration with the Communication and Marketing Team, attend club events, national events and networking opportunities where appropriate
- Working with a sports based university organise a student research project around Barriers to Women and Girls in Triathlon.
- Working closely with Triathlon Clubs and TI’s Coach Education Manager, organise Female only Tri Leader courses where required.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a range of projects and resources that will support both existing and new clubs develop their women in sport programmes.
- Ensure the implementation of the ‘Equally Inspiring’ Women in Triathlon Strategy
- Actively promote and market the sport, its clubs and events, to all appropriate sectors, using traditional and social media.
- Contribute to the promotion of Triathlon in Ireland.
- Develop relationships with like-minded associated sporting bodies, specifically with relation to women in sport.
- Develop and maintain a positive profile throughout the clubs as an ambassador for the sport and for Triathlon Ireland.
- Facilitate community involvement in all aspects of the project.
- Promote opportunities for female coach development and volunteering.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of potential funding opportunities and provide advice on female sport issues to TI’s affiliated clubs and events.
- Identify accredited training needs for club personnel and volunteers; and ensure these are met within agreed budgets.
- Represent Triathlon Ireland when required, on relevant matters.
- Assist in managing all budgetary aspects of the role in accordance with Triathlon Ireland operations and procedures.
- Monitor, evaluate and review the projects being delivered.
- Prepare written and oral reports and presentations as necessary, relating to the project.
- Develop and maintain efficient and effective systems to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Comply with, and actively promote, Triathlon Ireland policies and procedures on all aspects of equality in relation to the project.
- Ensure full compliance with health and safety requirements and legislation in accordance with Triathlon Ireland policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of current and emerging trends and developments within the triathlon community and the Irish sports sector.
Women’s Participation Lead
PERSONNEL SPECIFICATION Attribute
|Educational & Professional Qualifications||A degree or 3rd level qualification. Or competency proven in a workplace setting.
|Sports related degree.
Qualified Triathlon Ireland Technical Coach/Delegate/Referee
|Previous Experience||Experience of working in a sports development setting.
Experience of working with sports clubs, coaches, officials and volunteers.
Experience of working with key sporting partners.
Experience of managing resources and budgets.
|2+ years’ experience of sports development/coachin.
Experience of developing and submitting successful funding applications.
Experience of working with local government or education sectors.
Knowledge of the principles of sports promotion and marketing, particularly related to diversity and encouraging women’s participation in sport.
Demonstrate a general understanding of Triathlon in Ireland and globally.
Knowledge of the broader triathlon club and event framework.
|Skills||Excellent inter- personal and communication skills|