IAFA is the National Governing Body for American football in Ireland and is recognised as such by Sport Ireland and the International Federation of American Football (IFAF). At present IAFA is a volunteer-run organisation and there are over 3,000 active members involved in the sport at various levels. American football is a rapidly growing sport in Ireland and we are expanding our Management team to meet this increased demand.
The IAFA Development Officer will facilitate and support the delivery of initiatives, which will develop and expand the range of opportunities expansion of the game of American Football within Ireland. They will also work to allow the existing IAFA community to more fully participate in recreational, sporting and physical activity.
IAFA wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons for the volunteer position of American Football Development Officer.
Applicants should possess:
• A relevant third level qualification to degree level or equivalent in Sports and Recreation, Health Promotion or other relevant disciplines is desirable.
• Relevant American Football experience and coaching qualification would be desirable.
• Marketing & Promotion experience would be an advantage.
• An understanding of the sports and recreation environment.
• Excellent administrative, organisational and IT skills.
If you would like to apply for the role of IAFA Development Officer, please send your CV, outlining your qualifications and experience, along with a cover letter outlining your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will only be accepted up to 5pm on the 29th August 2018.