The Irish American Football Association (IAFA) is seeking to appoint an experienced Communications Officer who has a strong interest in sport and is willing to volunteer their time to a sporting organisation. This is a volunteer position and the successful applicant will be appointed to a rolling 1 year contract.
IAFA is the National Governing Body for American football in Ireland and is recognised as such by Sport Ireland and the International Federation of American Football. At present IAFA is a volunteer-run organisation and there are over 3,000 active members involved in the sport at various levels. American football is a rapidly growing sport in Ireland and we are expanding our Management team to meet this increased demand.
IAFA is managed by a Board of Management, members of which are elected by the membership, who in turn appoint Directors to manage each section of the sport. The Communications Officer will work across all sections of the sport and will report to the IAFA Board of Management.
The key responsibilities for the role include:
- Implement communication and social media policies for IAFA members
- Work with all sections of the sport to ensure the consistent delivery of the Association’s message and content
- Create engaging brand marketing material
- Establish content creation strategy in line with Association objectives
- Oversee the implementation of IAFA’s social media strategy with existing social media team
- Work with the IAFA Commissioner on public relations matters
- Serve as primary point of contact for all external queries
- Enhance internal communications among members and clubs
- Oversee IAFA events and support the IAFA Event Manager
- Attend meetings and contribute to the strategic development of the sport
- Experience in Communications and Marketing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills
- Strong copy writing skills
- Experience in promoting brand via social media
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Deadline driven
- Self motivated
- Good administration skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills with good attention to detail
- Self Starter
- PC skills essential including word
If you would like to apply for the role of IAFA Communications Officer, please send your CV, outlining your qualifications and experience, along with a cover letter outlining your suitability and the names and contact details (phone and email) of two references to email@example.com. Please submit all items in PDF format where possible. Applications will only be accepted up to 5pm on the 29th August 2018. This is a rolling 1 year contract, subject to the directions of the IAFA Board.