Job Title: Talent Identification and Development Officer
Reports To: Designated Member of Ulster Badminton Council
JobBased: National Badminton Centre, Lisburn. Northern Ireland
Salary: £12,800 per annum (20 hours per week)
Contract Duration: This job will be offered on a fixed term basis to 31st March 2017, and will be subject to continuation of funding by Sport Northern Ireland.
Reporting to the Designated Member of Ulster Badminton Council, the Talent Identification and Development Officer (TIDO) will be responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership to develop and link the “Player Pathway” from schools/clubs through to regional and up to National level
- To maintain and improve all areas within the Ulster Badminton Talent System in cooperation with Sport NI staff and the Ulster Badminton Team.
- To manage in cooperation with the Ulster Badminton Team the “Performance Pathway” up to provincial level
- To lead and manage the processes of talent identification and talent selection from “Grassroots” to national level
- To develop and implement a “Grassroots” talent identification strategy
- To ensure that the current Club Development Programme is linked to the “PerformancePathway”
- To develop and introduce a talent identification education programme to be delivered to relevant partners including clubs, schools and regional structures
- To continue to evaluate and adapt TID and Talent Development activities to maintain the highest standards
- To continue the development and implement the use of “Profile Tools” at each stage of the “Performance Pathway”
- To develop the regional performance training network that increases the quality and quantity of training for identified talent
- To establish a strategy that links regional performance training to the national training centre
- To identify and manage coaches at each stage of the “Performance Pathway” and in conjunction with the High Performance Coach implement a population specific CPD and coach education programme
- Initiate and conduct meetings with key stakeholders, and communicate performance outcomes with key internal and external stakeholders
- To ensure that the Child Protection policy of Ulster Badminton is adhered to in delivery of this programme
- Any other duties that may from time to time be reasonably requested
This job description is not exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
GUIDANCE NOTES ON COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM
Please read these notes carefully. Your application form plays an important part in our selection process. (The most important thing to remember is to tell us everything that you think is relevant to your application. We will not make assumptions).
Applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet each criteria throughout the application form. It is not acceptable to simply restate the criteria. Applicants must give examples to demonstrate their experience under each criterion.
Completing the Application Form:
u After reading the personnel specification and job description think carefully about your application and consider to what extent you have the skills and experience necessary for the post.
u Make a rough draft first, as this will avoid mistakes
u Make sure your application form is well presented – illegible or incomplete forms WILL be disregarded.
u Use a black ballpoint pen or type, black always shows up best when copied.
u Make sure you address all of the points on the personnel specification. We will not make assumptions.
u Take a copy of your form for your own record.
u Incomplete forms will be withdrawn
u Copies of all academic qualifications relevant to the post must be enclosed with your application form. (If copies are not available, please send original certificates and Ulster Badminton will copy these and return the originals to you)
u Please separate the monitoring form and the disclosure of criminal convictions form from the application form and place them in a separate envelope marked for the attention of the Monitoring Officer.
MAKE SURE YOUR APPLICATION FORM IS POSTED OR DELIVERED TO ENSURE DELIVERY TO THE NATIONAL BADMINTON CENTRE BEFORE 4.00pm on Monday 15th July 2013. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE PUBLISHED DEADLINE TIME AND DATE. IF HAND-DELIVERING THE APPLICATION FORM PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU REQUEST A RECEIPT AS PROOF OF DELIVERY.
Application Form available here: Application Form