The Sports Officer will be part of the TU Dublin City Campus Sports Team and will join the Sports Facilities team across all TU Dublin’s City Campus locations. The Sports Officer will join a vibrant team of sports professionals in delivery of a high-quality sports service to TU Dublin Students, Staff and wider stakeholder groups, through the operation of sports facilities. The successful candidate will support the delivery of the Sport & Recreation Service Development Plan as well as the Sports Facilities Business Plan and will be responsible for line management within the TU Dublin City Campus Sports facilities team. The Sports Officer will also engage closely with and collaborate on various student sport participation, sports club and scholarship programmes, activities and events with the wider Sports Team.
The Sports Officer will report to the Sports Facilities and Development Manager.
The Job Specification is as follows:
– Work as part of the TU Dublin City Campus Sports Team primarily in the area of sports facility operations.
– Optimise student and other stakeholder usage at TU Dublin’s City Campus Sports facilities in line with the Sport & Recreation Development Plan and Sports Facilities Business Plan
– Prioritise the importance of customer retention, relationship management and plan staff responsibilities accordingly.
– Managing and leading a diverse facilities team across TU Dublin City Campus Sports facilities incorporating Fitness Coordinators, Sports Attendants and Fitness Assistants etc.
– Implement all TU Dublin HR Processes including PMDS.
– Liaise with suppliers and contractors as required
– Organise weekly update meetings with staff of TU Dublin’s City Campus Sport facilities.
– Work on TU Dublin sports initiatives and projects with colleagues in TU Dublin Tallaght and Blanchardstown Campuses.
– Manage and coordinate the TU Dublin City Campus Ireland Active National Quality Awards application each year.
– Work with the Sports Facilities & Development Manager in preparation and coordination of the annual income, usage and occupancy reports
– Implementation of objectives contained in the Sport & Recreation Service Development plan and Sports Facilities Business Plan 2018-21
– Actively engage and participate in planning and implementation of the TU Dublin City Campus Sports Facilities Contingency Plan
– Coordinate a variety of programme and events working groups as requested by the Sports Facilities & Development Manager
– Liaise with sports stakeholders, internal and external to TU Dublin City Campus Sport to identify and deliver opportunities to develop sport, recreation & physical activity at -TU Dublin City Campus facilities.
– Work with colleagues to secure funding from external sources where possible e.g. grant applications.
– Work with colleagues to create opportunities for inclusion in sports activity for ‘nontraditional’ participators
– Work with colleagues in TU Dublin City Campus Sport to ensure optimisation of usage of Sports facilities
– This role will have targets relating to participation and revenue generation as part of the strategy for the TU Dublin City Campus.
– Ensure compliance with all TU Dublin Health and Safety, and operational standards.
– Represent TU Dublin City Campus Sport at local, regional and national fora and events
– Manage monthly hourly paid staff pay sheets
– Work with the Sports Facilities & Development Manager in the recruitment process for new sports facility staff which may include the advertisement and interviewing of new candidates.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the appropriate mix of knowledge, experience, skills, talent and abilities as outlined below:
– A recognised Third Level Degree (level 8) qualification in Sport, Leisure & Recreation or Related Area (essential)
– An experience of Sports Facility operations relating to both indoor and outdoor sport and fitness. (essential)
– A good understanding of HEI student sport and third level education in Ireland
– Be familiar with the needs of a 3rd level sport & recreation service and sports clubs
– A vision for how sport and physical activity can contribute to the student experience at TU Dublin City Campus
– An understanding of the importance of Health and Safety in operating sport facilities and relevant legislation and guidelines
– An understanding of quality standards and requirements in Sport & Fitness Facility management
– At least 3 years’ experience working in Sport/ Leisure facility management and operations, ideally in indoor and outdoor facilities in HEI Sport (essential)
– Experience of managing teams of paid personnel at both a full time and part time capacity. (essential)
– Experience of strategic planning, target setting, and managing budgets
– Experience of indoor and outdoor sports facility planning, programming and management
– Experience of sports facility based programme planning, design and development.
Skills, talents & abilities
– Undertaken Safeguarding, first aid training (essential) / sports related qualifications
– Ability to work as part of a dynamic team and on their own initiative, with a flexible approach to work.
– A flexible approach to working days and times with on occasion evening and weekend work required depending on planned programmes and events
– Possess strong planning and organisational skills
– Possess strong IT skills
– Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing personal and professional development.
– Ability to work unsupervised and to agreed outcomes
– Pleasant, friendly and approachable personality
– Ability to manage people effectively, to deliver on agreed goals and objectives
– Excellent communication skills in a variety of media
For more information visit https://my.corehr.com/pls/ditrecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.display_form