Tournament and Finance Administrator, (fixed term) – The PGA in Ireland
The PGA is seeking applications for the role of Tournament and Finance Administrator (fixed term) for The PGA in Ireland
The PGA’s vision is to improve the personal and professional lives of its Members. To assist with delivering its core objectives, the PGA is seeking to recruit a Tournament and Finance Adminstrator (fixed term), to support the PGA in Ireland, Dundalk Golf Club, Blackrock, Dundalk, Co. Louth, Ireland.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the main focus of this post will be to provide administration, secretarial and support services to the Manager and Tournament staff. Assist in the day to day administration of the office of The PGA in Ireland. It is anticipated that this fixed term appointment will expire the end of September 2020, the Unfair Dismissals Acts will not apply by reason of the expiry of this contract on this date.
Responsibilities to include:-
- Assisting in the day to day administration for the office including filing, photocopying, dealing with telephone enquiries, reception duties, dealing with correspondence, ordering stationery;
- Ensuring that tournament entry/sponsorship fees are invoiced and payments received and recorded in an accurate and timely manner;
- To receive and collate all Tournament entry forms;
- To accurately input relevant information onto Tournament Management database to generate necessary administration to support Tournament activities in the Region;
- Covering the role of Office Administrator to allow for any absences;
- Co-ordinating CPD seminar entries and payments;
- Administer BlueGolf Tournament System – in particular managing public-facing pages to ensure accuracy and consistency;
Experience that is essential for the role includes; Leaving Certificate/GCSE or equivalent to demonstrate a good level of numeracy and literacy; previous administration/secretarial experience; excellent IT Skills including Microsoft Office (word, excel and outlook); database experience; some financial/accounts, cash handling experience; previous experience in a customer serviced role would be advantageous.
The key competencies to succeed in this role include; the ability to work unsupervised, as an individual or as part of a team; flexible approach; ability to understand to needs of the business; excellent communicator (written and verbal); planning and prioritising work against deadlines; understanding of the profile of a Membership organisation.
This is a fixed term, full time role (35 hours per week, Monday – Friday).
To apply for this role please request a job description from Dawn Sales, Health & Safety/HR Advisor, then send your curriculum vitae together with a covering letter which clearly articulates how you meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm Friday, 20 March 2020 and interviews will be held at The PGA in Ireland, Dundalk Golf Club, Blackrock, Dundalk, Co. Louth, Ireland, date to be confirmed.