The Irish Athletic Boxing Association (IABA) is the National Governing Body of Sport responsible for the development and management of the sport of amateur boxing in Ireland.
The IABA is seeking to appoint an Assistant High-Performance Coach, to provide assistance to the IABA’s high-performance unit (HPU). The successful candidate will work alongside the HPU’s coaching team in planning, monitoring and conditioning all male and female athletes. It is intended that the person will contribute in delivering on areas set out within the IABA strategic plan.
DURATION OF POST: This post will be funded initially for Duration (3 years) with the possibility of extensions (Probationary period 6 months).
LOCATION: National High-Performance Unit, Sport Ireland Institute, National Sports Campus, Dublin 15.
Job Description/Main Areas of Responsibility
1. To assist in the designing of relevant training programmes within the high-performance unit.
2. To be present in a coaching capacity at all levels (youth, senior, elite) of boxing training camps and international competitions, at home and abroad.
3. To assist the National High-Performance Unit in directing, monitoring and evaluating the impact of training and competition programmes and services to athletes.
4. To develop effective working relationships with HPU Staff, Volunteers and Club Coaches on all aspects of the performance programme.
5. To assist in the implementation of the national high-performance plan.
6. To assist in the design, development and implementation of periodised training programmes for boxers of all levels within the National HPU.
7. To monitor, in partnership with key service providers, the progress of individual boxers towards their goals and targets.
8. To assist in managing the training programmes for the various strands of competition within the High-Performance Unit.
9. To input into Talent Identification and Athlete Development Pathways as required.
10. To contribute to the development and implementation of the National Performance Strategy.
11. To maintain an accurate register of athlete progress and provide accurate reporting on each athlete as requested by the High-Performance Lead.
12. Provide monthly progress reports on both competition and training camps as required.
13. To assist in day to day operations of squad training and training camp logistics.
- AIBA 1-Star Certification
- Evidence of experience of working at elite level.
- Experience of working with athletes at international major tournaments.
- A knowledge and understanding of implementing high performance programmes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Capable of working ‘out of hours’ as necessary and be prepared to travel and work as required.
- Access to own form of transport, including full driver’s license that will permit the post holder to meet the requirements of the post in full.
- AIBA 2 or 3-Star Certification
- Sports related degree
- Evidence of experience in the identification and development of talented athletes;
- An understanding of legislation relevant to sports organizations to include child protection, health and safety, data protection, equity etc.;
- Must be able to act on personal initiative.
- Excellent administrative, planning and IT skills; competent in use of Microsoft Office or similar.
The IABA is an Equal Opportunities employer.
If you would like to apply for the role of IABA Assistant High-Performance Coach as indicated above, please send a CV outlining your qualifications and experience and a brief cover letter outlining your suitability to the role.
Please submit your application to Human Resources Manager, IABA, National Stadium, 145 South Circular Road, Dublin 8 or applications may be submitted electronically to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Monday 7th January 2019.
Note: Late applications will not be accepted or considered and canvassing will disqualify.