The Irish Athletic Boxing Association (IABA) is the National Governing Body of Sport responsible for the development and management of the sport of amateur boxing in Ireland.
The IABA is seeking to appoint a Planning and Performance Manager to improve IABA’s planning, governance and performance management capabilities as the organisation completes its current Strategy to 2020 and enters a new strategic planning phase. The position holds responsibility for designing and implementing improved governance, strategic and operational planning processes, supporting the senior management team and departmental staff to build robust, measurable workplans through which delivery can be managed and achieved.
In this newly created position, you’ll also be required to design processes for, and then collect and provide analysis of key organisational performance information. These processes should enable progress against strategic and operational objectives to be measured, evaluated, effectively communicated to internal and external stakeholders, and used as the evidence-base to inform further plans.
DURATION OF POST: This post will be funded initially for 1 year with the possibility of extensions (Probationary period 6 months).
LOCATION: The National Stadium Dublin.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/ KEY RESULT AREAS
• Working closely with the strategic planning committee, senior management team (SMT), external consultants, and other stakeholders, deliver a review and impact evaluation of IABA’s Strategy to 2020, using both qualitative and quantitative measures of success.
• Work with the development team to publicise and promote the review and its findings to internal and external audiences.
• To work closely with the CEO, to develop the IABA forward work programme, including the strategy workshop programme, and to review this, as required.
• To develop and manage support systems for the IABA Rulebook Committees.
• Working closely with the SMT and other committee members, develop and take ownership of an operational planning cycle that aligns with IABA’s new strategic framework and plan. Ensuring plans can be ambitious but realistic, measurable, affordable and build a culture of clearer prioritisation and accountability.
• Work with the CEO to establish documentation and communication processes so that staff and
other stakeholders can understand and contribute more effectively to strategic and operational
• Use your knowledge and experience of how strategic and operational plans should successfully
align to contribute to the development of IABA’s new strategic framework from 2021.
• Design and manage performance monitoring, evaluation and reporting processes for IABA’s
strategic and operational plans that includes KPI’s and accurate data to inform evidence-based
• Produce and present regular performance reports and metrics for the CEO including significant
involvement in the production of the organisation’s Annual Review Report.
• Support the CFO in monitoring and reporting on the organisation’s Risk Register.
• To support or manage wider governance initiatives or projects, as required.
• Align monitoring and evaluation processes with ongoing organisational initiatives.
Technical knowledge and skills
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience).
• Experience in a similar cross-functional role.
• Experience of developing and managing the implementation of planning, performance and
• Outstanding written and analytical skills, and experience of producing reports for senior
audiences that combine data and written narratives to inform decision-making.
• Experience in providing training or coaching to others, especially in programme or project
• Excellent organisational, time management and project management skills, including the
ability to work efficiently on numerous tasks simultaneously and to adapt to changing
circumstances, often under time pressure.
• Attention to detail and a high standard of work presentation.
• Creative thinking and independent judgment.
Interpersonal and communication skills
• Outstanding communication skills both written and in person, with the ability to synthesize
and explain complex information to a range of audiences.
• Ability to rapidly establish credibility, and maintain positive relationships, with people and
teams from a range of functional, professional and cultural backgrounds, including those who
are not familiar with planning processes and performance indicators.
• Excellent interpersonal skills: diplomacy, discretion, tact and persuasiveness, and the ability
to handle confidential information in a sensitive way.
• Experience of financial and/or budget planning.
• Experience in presenting data in innovative ways.
• Knowledge of how a sport National Governing Body operates.
If you would like to apply for the role of IABA Planning and Performance Manager as indicated
above, please send a CV outlining your qualifications and experience and a brief cover letter
outlining your suitability to the role.
Please submit your application to Human Resources, Irish Athletic Boxing Assoication,
National Stadium, 145 South Circular Road, Dublin 8 or applicatons may be submitted
electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Application: 3pm Friday 14th February 2020
The IABA is an Equal Opportunities employer.