The Federation of Irish Sport is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and efficient Office Administrator. This is a key appointment for the Federation and will suit someone who is highly motivated and organised. The Federation is the representative body for Ireland’s National Governing Bodies of Sport and Local Sports Partnerships. Membership of the Federation is currently comprised of 103 different sporting organisations. The vision of the Federation is to provide a dynamic and effective voice for Irish Sport promoting the value of sport to Ireland while providing outstanding representation and services to members. The office administrator will seek to inform themselves of the work of the organisation, its aims and objectives and develop an understanding and knowledge of the Federation’s stakeholders and organisational needs.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send a copy of your CV outlining your qualifications and experience, and a covering letter outlining your suitability and match to the requirements for the role along with the names of two referees. Please note; references will not be checked without permission.
Please submit your application electronically to:
Closing date: Applications to be received no later than 12 noon on Wednesday November 21st.
Interviews: Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on Wednesday November 28th
Salary: Remuneration will be dependent on qualifications and experience
Contract Type: Three Years’ fixed term of 30 hours a week and a six months’ probationary period
Base Location: Federation of Irish Sport Head Office, Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Driving Licence/Car: Due to travel involved a clean current full driving licence and own car is essential.
Vetting: Garda Vetting will also apply
Federation of Irish Sport is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
|Role||The Office Administrator will work closely with the staff of the Federation in particular, the CEO to provide secretarial and administrative support.|
The Office Administrator will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities for the Office Administrator will include:
· Lead in the provision of clerical, secretarial and administrative support to Federation staff
· Lead on the provision of Garda Vetting Services for Federation members
· Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
· Support budgeting; administer bookkeeping procedures to include account management
· Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
· Devise and maintaining office systems, including data management, filing, archiving, processing of expense claims etc.
· Ensuring the efficient administration of the Federation Board, committees and working groups
· Provide assistance for Federation Events including for example, Annual Conference, Sport Industry Award, Volunteer in Sport Awards and Networking events
· Undertake any other assignments as may reasonably be requested by the Chief Executive Officer
|Selection Criteria including qualifications, knowledge and experience, and skills and attributes||Essential||Desirable|
|Qualifications in secretarial studies will be an advantage||Yes|
|Knowledge and Experience|
|Previous experience in a compatible role||Yes|
|Knowledge of Garda Vetting procedures||Yes|
|Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role||Yes|
|Familiarity with office management procedures and accounting principles||Yes|
|Experience of operating revenue online and online banking||Yes|
|Experience of working as part of a team||Yes|
|Experience in a sport and recreation environment||Yes|
|Skills and attributes|
|Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with a range of personnel and build relationships||Yes|
|Comprehensive presentation, literacy, numeric and IT skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Database)||Yes|
|Excellent initiative and organisational skills||Yes|
|Ability to grasp and contextualise specialist information||Yes|
|Strong attention to detail||Yes|
|Capable of working independently, and having responsibility as an individual||Yes|
|Ability to report effectively||Yes|
|Ability to communicate effectively in English||Yes|
|Willingness to work unsocial hours on occasion||Yes|