Tennis Ireland and Fingal County Council are recruiting a part-time Development Officer for the Fingal Area in Dublin. We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated person with a background in sports administration.
Main duties and responsibilities
To assist Tennis Ireland and Fingal County Council in achieving its core objectives of:
- Ensuring delivery of integrated Tennis development programmes
- Developing partnership and co-ordination between the relevant local statutory and voluntary bodies, in particular Fingal County Council, and maximizing their involvement in the development of tennis in the county
Increase and maintain participation in tennis at all ages and abilities by helping clubs to devise short to long term strategies that will include the following:
- Working in cooperation with all stakeholders in Fingal County to promote the game
- Identifying and assisting local community initiatives which may benefit the development of the game
- Support clubs in the implementation of Tennis Ireland programmes which include Primary & Secondary Schools, Teen Tennis and Females in Tennis initiatives and Open Days.
- Provide information on club structures, Posts, Roles and responsibilities on committees.
- Advise clubs on child protection policies and procedures
- The Development Officer will be required to carry out any other duties relevant that may be assigned from time to time
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Administrative and organisational skills to include competence in IT including email, excel and PowerPoint.
- An understanding of the Tennis Ireland player pathway and knowledge of TI initiatives including schools, parks and club development programmes.
- Pleasant & friendly manner, team worker with ability to work on own initiative.
Preferable but not essential:
- A third level qualification in a relevant sector.
- Experience in a relevant sports administration environment.
The Development Officer will operate within Tennis Irelands Development Department and will report to the Director of Development and the Principal Sports Officer of Fingal County Council and will adhere to all management processes as directed by the Technical Development Director and Principal Sports Officer and or persons allocated nominated by them
The post is part time (20 hours per week) and requires flexibility of working hours as some work may be carried out on evenings and/or weekends.
This employment will be on a contract basis for a period of three years. The successful applicant will be subject to a period of probation of 6 months and the scheme will be subject to a review at the end of year 1.
Base location: Dublin. Due to extensive travel involved, a clean current full driving licence and own car is essential
Candidates must consent to go through the Garda vetting process with Tennis Ireland if shortlisted.
The closing date for applications will be Tuesday May 3rd 2016, 16.00.
A letter of application and full CV should be sent by email to the Operations Manager at Tennis Ireland email@example.com with the subject ‘Fingal & TI Development officer’ and will be confidential.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place the week beginning May 9th 2016