Organisation: Tennis Ireland CLG
Location: DCU, Glasnevin, Dublin 9
Contract Length: 11 month contract
Full time / Part time: Full time
Salary: €25,000 (per annum – pro rata over 11 months)
Application closing date: 16 January 2020 at 5.00pm
Programme duration: Feb 2020 – Jan 2021
The Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme
ASPIRE is a graduate employment programme that is being funded by Sport Ireland. This programme has been approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund. The aim of this programme is to enable a number of recently qualified sport and physical activity graduates to gain relevant experience working in the sports sector and to develop relevant skills and knowledge. The successful graduate will receive an 11 month contract and will work directly for Tennis Ireland. Tennis Ireland are responsible for the recruitment and selection of the graduate.
The role of the ASPIRE Graduate will be to support and coordinate programmes and projects in liaison with the organisation’s business departments/units, stakeholders and volunteers. The successful individual will perform a wide range of administrative duties to support the organisation. This placement offers the successful graduate a significant opportunity to gain relevant experience and to potentially advance their career in the sports sector.
The graduate will have the opportunity to experience a broad programme of work within Tennis Ireland.
A key programme of work that the Aspire Graduate will engage with under the guidance of the Competition’s Manager will be to support the organisation’s rapidly growing competitions programme. Previous experience in a similar role is not required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the administration and delivery of our national and international competition framework, including the development and rollout of the new National Competitions structure.
- Support the delivery of key international and national tennis events; including the Irish Open
- Deliver operational and administrative functions within the Competitions Department to ensure events are delivered efficiently. This may involve travelling to onsite venues and project management meetings with venue operators
- Working with the competitions team to prepare and deliver events within agreed budgets.
- Support the competitions team in the delivery and management of events on the day or for the duration of events.
- Management of key tasks in the lead up to each event, i.e. registration, branding, implementing draws, liaising with participants / coaches / tournament officials / venue operators
- Provide administrative support to the Competitions Manager and National Competitions Committee.
- In conjunction with the Competitions Manager plan and manage any necessary PR elements relating to Competitions, including providing content for the Associations website and social media channels.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders and the wider tennis community.
- Assisting with the preparation and administration of the Tennis Ireland Competitions Calendar and providing tournament software support for clubs and tournament officials
- Supporting the introduction of a new ITF International Ratings System and the delivery of the administrative tasks related to it.
- Working with the Competitions Manager as part Tennis Irelands role on the ITF Ratings Advisory Group.
- Liaising with the International Tennis Federation in relation to competition matters and the Ratings system.
- Assist in the delivery of the Tennis Ireland AGM and Annual Awards Programme.
- Support general office administration duties which may include; maintaining programme records and monitoring and evaluation of programmes, preparing invoices related to competitions
Candidates should note that this list is not an exhaustive list and is subject to change as the job requires.
The graduate must:
- Have graduated with a Master’s or Primary Degree in the area of Sport or Physical Activity between January and November 2019.
- Be currently unemployed i.e. not in current employment.
- Be available for the 11 month contract duration.
- Be eligible to work in Ireland on a full-time basis.
- Competency using MS Office tools including excel.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communications skills.
- Full Drivers Licence
Please forward a cover letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 5pm on 16 January 2020. Please reference “Aspire Graduate” in the subject of your email.
Interviews will take place week commencing 27 January 2020.
The role will commence on Monday 24 February 2020.
Please note shortlisting will apply.
Tennis Ireland CLG is an equal opportunities employer.
This project was approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund.