Applications are invited to the position of Swim Ireland Executive Assistant-Operations who, as a member of the Corporate Team, will support the CEO on various projects associated with the overall running and organisation of the operations of the Company.
Swim Ireland (a company limited by guarantee) is the National Governing Body for swimming, water polo, diving and associated aquatic disciplines in Ireland. The organisation was formed in 1893 and currently trades under the name Swim Ireland. It has over 12,000 members and 150 Affiliated Clubs. Its primary funding comes from the Irish Sports Council.
While the post is non-managerial, it is an ideal opportunity for a dynamic individual who wants to work at closely with the CEO of an exciting and developing organisation. The main aspect of the role will be to implement and lead on a number of projects within the Operations Team as required by the CEO.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the volunteer role within a sporting organization; the skills they bring and the challenges they face. The successful candidate will require both strong writing skills and organisational ability with a clear understanding of governance matters. An appreciation of the depth and breadth of the CEO role is required together with an ability to build and manage relationships with various diverse groups of people.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to gain experience working closely with leaders and decision makers in a dynamic and evolving organisation.
Job Title: Swim Ireland Executive Assistant-Operations
Location: Swim Ireland, Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Reports to: Swim Ireland Chief Executive Officer
Term: 3 years’ fixed term
Salary: Salary bracket: €32,000- 35,000 per annum.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Support the delivery and implementation of the Swim Ireland Strategic Plan working closely with Swim Ireland stakeholders, staff and volunteers
- Feed into the operational planning process for initiatives and programmes as required and work to ensure programmes are fit for purpose and suit the needs of our infrastructure and membership
- Build positive working relationships with key partners, stakeholders and specifically our membership to ensure programmes delivery for Swim Ireland across the 32 counties of Ireland.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of designated operational projects and activities
- Liaise with the Swim Ireland Regional Management Committees at a policy level in terms of the support and delivery of their Development Plans
- Liaise with the various disciplines in Swim Ireland at a policy level in terms of the support and delivery of their Development Plans
- Support the National Committees in delivering on the Swim Ireland Strategic Plan and associated Annual Plans
- Engage in regular communications with Swim Ireland Regions, National Committees, Members, Industry personnel in order to maintain relationships and to ensure quality customer service
- Provide updates as required on targets for the Swim Ireland Business Plan, budgeting process and any other areas as required
- Liaise with and report to Swim Ireland Board, Staff, Volunteers and other groups as appropriate
- Promote a positive image of Swim Ireland and Swim Ireland’s aims and objectives
- Any other duties as required.
Key Person Requirements
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant third level degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated project management/organisational ability
- Current and clean driver’s licence.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and proven ability to work with a complex and diverse group of stakeholders
- Comprehensive understanding of the structure and dynamics of Irish sport and sporting structures (a knowledge of Irish aquatics is desirable but not essential)
- Strong organisational and planning ability
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Strong analytical and business skills
- Comprehensive presentation, literacy, numeric and IT skills (including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Database).
- Ambitious, driven and willing to learn
- Commitment to working out of office/unsociable hours
- Assertive while also a strong team player
- Highly organised and structured person with strong attention to detail
- Highly discrete and confidential.
Application should be made in writing quoting Ref: Swim Ireland Executive Assistant-Operations, enclosing your CV with an accompanying letter to arrive by post or email on or before 22 September 2014 to Carmel Tooher, Personal Assistant to the CEO, Swim Ireland, Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All queries regarding this position should be directed to Carmel Tooher (email@example.com or 01-625 1122 between 09:30-14:00 Monday to Thursday)
- Shortlisting, based on information provided in the submitted CV and letter of application, may be necessary depending on the level of applications received. Applicants will be informed of arrangements in this regard.
- It is intended to hold interviews by the end of September 2014.
- Appointment will be subject to, inter alia:
- A pre-employment medical assessment
- Satisfactory pre-employment reference checks
- Satisfactory vetting
Swim Ireland is an Equal Opportunities employer
Closing date for applications is 17:30 on Monday 22 September 2014