Swim Ireland is the National Governing Body for Swimming, Water Polo, Diving and associated Aquatic Disciplines on the island of Ireland. Swim Ireland’s Head Office is based at Irish Sport HQ, Sport Ireland Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. Swim Ireland is a private limited company with approx. 40 employees. For further information, please see our website at www.swimireland.ie
We are currently recruiting for a newly created role of Head of Participation to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the further development and implementation of a clear, coherent and cohesive strategy to increase participation levels in swimming and aquatics in Ireland.
Head of Participation
Role and Reporting Structure
The purpose of the role will be to further develop and lead the implementation of a Participation Vision and Strategy for Swim Ireland. The role holder will work with the CEO and a newly established Swim Ireland Participation Committee to further develop the Swim Ireland Participation Strategy. This will include a commercial vision and strategy to drive increased participation levels of all indoor and outdoor aquatic programmes (existing and new).
This newly created role will report to the CEO and will form part of the management team structure. The role holder will have a strong understanding of the opportunities for increasing participation levels across the industry and will develop a strategy that maximise these opportunities for Swim Ireland.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To further develop the Swim Ireland Participation Vision and Strategy to ‘Get Ireland Swimming’ with a focus on the financial sustainability of this Strategy
- To work with the CEO in driving the development and implementation on behalf of Swim Ireland of the National Swimming Strategy within the Republic of Ireland and endeavour to align this work in Northern Ireland
- To develop and roll out a commercial offering in aquatics with a specific focus on Open Water
- To design, lead, deliver and evaluate events that result in increased participation levels
- To evaluate tourism in Ireland and identify and convert opportunities for optimising participation levels
- To lead, direct, coach and support the Participation Team
- To manage the Participation budget (including events)
- To collate, evaluate and analyse evaluation data as required
- Be eligible to work in Ireland on a full-time basis
- Excellent working knowledge of IT and software packages including MSOffice, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong industry knowledge of aquatics
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders on Policy Development
- Knowledge and experience of designing, delivering and evaluating successful large scale events
- Project management experience
- Experienced people manager
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong networking skills
Education and Experience
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Qualifications (event management / strategic management)
- Thorough industry knowledge
- Understand how to build and design a Vision and Strategy
- Excellent communication and administration skills
- Excellent people skills
- Well-developed networking skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Flexible and adaptable attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player and ability to work on their own initiative as well as in a small, dedicated Management Team
Applicants should note that this list is not exhaustive and is subject to change as required as appropriate.
Remuneration and Location
- The package will include a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Position Tenure: 3 year fixed-term full-time contract
- Position Location: Swim Ireland Head Office, Irish Sport HQ, Sport Ireland Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Appointment will be made subject to satisfactory:
- Garda Vetting; and
- Suitable reference checks.
Applications should be made for the attention of the HR Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is Friday 12th February 2021.
Swim Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer