Horse Sport Ireland is seeking to fill the position of Sport Governance Executive. Such person will act as the bedrock for the governance delivery of Horse Sport Ireland’s integrity programmes and will provide core proactive management and administration of the HSI Child Welfare and Garda Vetting Programme, HSI Equine Anti-Doping and Controlled Medication programme, act as key liaison for Sport Ireland in respect of Athlete Clean Sport. This role is a multidisciplinary role within the Sport and Legal Department of Horse Sport Ireland.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and process vetting applications on behalf of the organisation using the eVetting Portal and Access NI Portal ensuring appropriate records retention.
- Provide support and guidance to HSI stakeholders and affiliate organisation on child welfare and safeguarding including Children’s Officers and other relevant stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Be familiar with Children First Act 2015 (ROI) and Our Duty to Care (NI) so as to ensure they can act as an information source to affiliated bodies.
- Develop and implement of codes, policies, procedures and processes; including for code of ethics, volunteering, safeguarding, anti-doping (Human and Equine)
- Organise child welfare and safeguarding training courses
- Provide administration support to the relevant integrity programmes committees
- Update the Governance section of the HSI website.
- Manage the HSI Equine Anti-Doping and Controlled Medication programme including providing awareness on Equine Anti-Doping to relevant all stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- To manage Sport Ireland whereabouts notifications for athletes in the Registered Testing Pool.
- At least 2.5 – 3 years’ experience of working in an administrative role (preferably in a confidential environment)
- A high level of proven organisational ability with an excellent standard of English
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office – all packages
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with a range of personnel (such as young people, volunteers, coaches and parents)
- Ability to be self-motivated, resourceful, work on own initiative in a flexible and co-operative manner and grasp and contextualise specialist information
- Understanding of safeguarding/child protection policies and procedures including legislative requirements as applicable on the island of Ireland and knowledge of Garda Vetting/Access NI procedures
- Experience of policy/procedure development and the sport/recreation environment
- Experience of working with volunteers
Terms and conditions
- The post will be based in the Horse Sport Ireland Head Office in Naas, County Kildare.
- The appointment will be a 2 Year Fixed Term Contract initially with a 6-month probationary period.
- The successful applicant will be required to comply with Garda Vetting/Access NI clearance in advance of taking up the position and Safeguarding 1, 2 and 3 training within 6 months of assuming the role.
Interested applicants should send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm 8th March 2018