Special Olympics Ireland is the National Governing Body of Sport for people with an intellectual disability, an all-island sports organisation providing sports training and competition. Our vision is to drive and support a quality year-round programme that is embedded in local communities, resourced by vibrant and strong leaders, and offers health and well-being opportunities to athletes with an intellectual disability from 4 years of age upwards.
Our staff and volunteers are dedicated to changing lives of people with an intellectual disability through Sport. Special Olympics Ireland is recognised as a leading and successful programme worldwide and we are looking for a dynamic, motivated individual to work with our energetic and dedicated team to help build upon our success.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Director, this role is responsible for the overall strategic management and implementation of the Special Olympics Programme at regional level. As a member of the Executive Management Team, the individual will assist in the development of the strategic plans for Special Olympics Ireland and support and implement the agreed strategy, policies and procedures at regional level.
The individual will be responsible for overseeing and managing regional staff and volunteers to ensure each aspect of the Programme develops and grows in accordance with the strategy devised.
As part of the overall role, the Regional Director will have specific responsibility for the following areas within the region: Finance, Administration, Human Resources, Information Technology, Insurance, Legal, Marketing & Communications, Schools Programme and Fundraising.
A highly motivated and skilled professional with an understanding of the sector and a strong commitment to learning and development and continuous improvement and to the achievement of standards of excellence is required. Excellent interpersonal skills, communications and relationship management skills are essential. Must have strong leadership skills, ability to drive and manage growth, build effective teams and achieve results through others.
The position will be based in our office at the Sport Ireland Campus. The role will involve evening and weekend work with some travel to regions and occasional international travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and implement all aspects of the Special Olympics Programme at regional level.
• Develop, implement and track a Regional Programme plan.
• Ensure administrative support structures and procedures are in place to support the highest standards of administrative effectiveness within the regional programme.
• Ensure all corporate governance responsibilities are complied with in relation to the operation of the programme at regional level
• Develop and manage an annual budget, putting in place effective budget management systems to assist with adherence to the approved budget, in conjunction with the Finance Department.
• Ensure that all financial accounts are maintained to the highest level of accountability and in compliance with all statutory requirements, in conjunction with the Finance Department
• Identify opportunities to develop staff recognition and development opportunities, in conjunction with the Human Resources Department.
• Carry out performance management meetings with regional staff.
• Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of the regional IT infrastructure, ensuring policies & procedures in relation to its operation are implemented.
• Ensure that all insurance and legal requirements are met in relation to activities at regional level, in conjunction with the Finance Department
• Implement, in conjunction with Marketing & Fundraising Department, an agreed regional marketing strategy to raise awareness of the activities of the regional Special Olympics Programme and to assist with securing additional fundraising and sponsorship as required.
• Oversee the agreed regional strategic day-to-day sponsorship and fundraising activities.
• Develop and maintain positive communications with all Special Olympics’ stakeholders, ensuring all relevant communication is circulated as appropriate and information on the regional programme is easily accessible.
• Implement an agreed strategy for dealing with the media at regional level.
• Liaise on a regular basis with each Department Director.
• Serve as a member of the Executive Management Team.
• Update and work with Regional Committees on a regular basis.
• Undertake any other assignments as may reasonably be requested by the Senior Director, Operations.
To apply please send your CV to our recruitment partner Ascension Executive Recruitment – Mairead.email@example.com by close of business on 16th August 2019