Rowing Ireland are seeking to recruit a full – time Administrative Assistant to join the expanding team within Rowing Ireland
This post will be integral to the delivery of key objectives within our Strategic Plan 2019-2024 strategy.
The Administration Assistant will work directly with the CEO in the development and delivery of value services for the organisation relating to the new strategic plan
- Support CEO and High-Performance Director (diary management, calls, emails, travel reservations)
- Web and social media updates
- Answer any queries from clubs on info email and phone calls
- Phone monitoring and calls
- Assistant on updating policies and procedures
- Arrange international travel itinerary and hotel bookings.
- Undertake any other assignments as may reasonably be requested by the Chief Executive Officer
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and procedure.
- Basic Qualifications
- A minimum of 3+ years as an Executive Assistant/ Personal Assistant or administrative experience involving the support of staff at senior management level.
- Ability to drive fast results within tight time frames.
- Able to work efficiently and accurately under pressure making timely decisions
- Excellent organisational, planning and prioritisation skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Able to dive deep into data and present information in a coherent, articulate manner.
- Experience and ability to prepare various correspondence, reports, presentations and meeting packs and meeting notes
- Extensive experience of diary management and arranging international travel and conference calls
- Excellent demonstrable organisation skills.
- Proficient in MS Office suite.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Knowledge or background in rowing or sport a distinct advantage
- Fluent English and the ability to live and work in Ireland
- Experience in implementing governance policies and governance code compliance.
- Experience of positive communication with all stakeholders.
- Understanding of sports structures in Ireland, including rowing and HP sport
- Ability to be adaptable and to perform in a pressurised setting.
- Ability to work on one’s own and also to work as part of a team.
- Experience in digital/online media implementation.
- Experience of working within the Sports sector.
- A flexible approach to hours required including the ability to attend evening and weekend meetings and to undertake occasional travel or overnight stays
Note to all applicants:
Only those applicants who demonstrate, by example, how they meet the essential criteria will go forward to the next stage in the recruitment and selection process.
Desirable criteria may be used for shortlisting purposes if required. All other essential and desirable criteria will be assessed by a selection test and/or interview.
- This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and can be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
REMUNERATION AND ROLE LOCATION
The salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Location of the role will be in the Rowing Ireland office in Sports HQ, National Sports Campus, Abbotstown.
- The closing date for applications will be mid-day on Friday 30th August 2019
- Letters of application and full CV should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be confidential