The Federation of Irish Sport is seeking candidates to fulfil a 6 – 9 month internship at our Irish Sport HQ offices at the National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. This will be an all-round office role, providing assistance to our CEO & Support Services Officer in everyday tasks, as well as specific projects with a particular focus on digital communications.
The Federation of Irish Sport is a membership organisation whose objective is to provide a dynamic and effective voice for Irish Sport, promoting the value of sport to Ireland whilst providing outstanding representation and services to members. The Federation’s membership is currently comprised of 100 different sporting organisations.
For anyone interested in pursuing a career in sport and/or communications, this internship is an opportunity to gain experience of the workings of a national representative body as well as providing a particular insight into sport in Ireland. The internship also represents a real opportunity to develop links and relationships with our member organisations as well as key governmental departments and agencies impacting on sport.
The Federation is looking to recruit an intern who are motivated by the work of the Federation of Irish Sport and want to contribute to its development. Enthusiasm and reliability are important. Fresh thinking and creativity are also imperative. It is anticipated that interns will not just to fulfil tasks assigned but to demonstrate initiative and bring new ideas and suggestions to the table.
The work to be undertaken by the successful candidate will include:
- Researching and creating content for the Federation’s website
- Developing a blog for the Federation
- Engaging our member and audience through Twitter, Facebook and other social media networks
- Creating videos for distribution on You Tube and other video networks
- Ensuring Federation presence on member websites and social media platforms
- Daily media monitoring
- Drafting short news articles for supporter magazine and press releases
- Assisting in the production and issuing of monthly e-zine
- Researching media outlets and journalists
- Assisting in the production of the Federation’s Annual Review of Irish Sport
- Use of analytics and production of reports on performance of website and other social media tools
For this internship, we require:
- A demonstrable interest in the work of the Federation of Irish Sport
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Demonstrated success with past projects and undertakings
- Fully computer literate with past experience of use of social media and analytic tools
- Some prior experience of updating websites
- Familiarity with handling confidential information
- Ability to work in a small team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
Terms and Conditions:
Please note that this is an unpaid internship. A contribution towards the reimbursement of lunch and travel expenses will be made.
How to Apply:
Candidates should submit a cover letter together with full curriculum vitae to include the names and contact details of 2 referees (email addresses if possible) to Sarah O’Connor at: email@example.com on or before Friday 23rd August. The cover letter should outline the candidate’s motivation for applying for the role and should address the following three questions:
- Why you feel sport is important?
- One change you would make to the Federation’s website?
- One idea for the development of a Federation blog.