Basketball Ireland is seeking applications for the position of Registration Manager and Competitions Officer.
Successful candidate will;
- Have a third-level qualification, preferably sports related.
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Have strong administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Be competent in the operation of most IT programmes including Microsoft office packages.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to mentor and work with volunteers at all levels.
The Competitions Officer role will involve;
- Responsibility for the efficient organisation and running of Primary Schools Basketball.
- Work in conjunction with Senior Competitions Officer to ensure the efficient organisation and running of Post Primary Schools and National Competitions.
- Registration of schools and teams competing in Basketball Ireland competitions
- Event management of playoffs and National Finals
- Monitoring and updating games regulations.
- Enforcement of regulations and fines.
- Other tasks that may be assigned to you as part of Basketball Ireland National Programmes.
In addition the registration role duties will include;
- Management of complete registration system
- Design, create and implement registration forms for clubs/individuals/mini basketball boards
- Maintain and update Online Registration Page
- Data input
- Manage FT registration assistant and team of PT seasonal data input assistants
- Provide weekly reports to all fractions of the organisation both technical and area boards committees
- Provide support to all clubs, committees and individuals during registration process
The position is an initial 3 month probationary period with a further one year contract subject to a successful review. The position is based in the National Basketball Arena, Tallaght and will involve working closely with current Basketball Ireland staff and with key committees as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent track record and a minimum of one years’ experience in Sports Administration. Excellent communication skills and the ability to mentor and work with volunteers is a must. Travel and flexibility around working hours may be necessary.
Salary for the position is negotiable and will be based on experience. Please send a letter of application and CV to Bernard O’Byrne, Basketball Ireland, National Basketball Arena, Tymon Park, Tallaght, Dublin 24 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of application if Friday 28th February at 5pm.