Location: South County Dublin
Contract Length: Fixed term contract
Full time / Part time: Part time
Application closing date: 14/03/2019
The Irish Athletic Boxing Association has been delivering consistent International success in the ring and is the highest performing Olympic sport in Ireland. To assist our Development Team to continue its drive towards sustaining success the IABA are now seeking to appoint a Regional Schools Development Officer for its Development Team on a fixed-term basis. This part-time position is of strategic importance to the IABA in achieving its strategic goals within developing programmes and enhancing the current professional structures in place. Reporting directly to the Club Development Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of all locally based school ‘Startbox’ programmes and administration associated with the effective running of the IABA Development Team.
Overall Purpose of Position
To assist the Irish Athletic Boxing Association in achieving its core objectives of:
- Ensuring delivery of boxing development programmes, to targeted groups, in a variety of settings within the nominated area.
- Developing partnerships and co-ordination between the relevant internal/external stakeholders and maximizing their involvement in the development of boxing in Ireland.
Reporting to the Club Development Officer of the Irish Athletic Boxing Association and designated stakeholders, the Regional Schools Development Officer will have responsibility for the implementation of current and future development programmes of the IABA and identified stakeholders including:
- Planning, organising and active implementation of school Startbox sessions.
- Promote positive relationships between all programme partners.
- Assist in the development of current and future curriculum as required.
- To undertake further training as required.
- Represent the IABA and relevant stakeholders as required.
- Assist in strategic working groups as required and directed by the Club Development Officer of the IABA and nominated areas.
- Assist the relevant stakeholders in matters relating to the development of sport in identified areas.
- Develop relevant strategies for engaging targeted populations.
- Adhere to all management processes as directed by the Club Development Officer of the IABA or persons nominated by them.
- An agreed annual work programme must be submitted to the Chief Executive Officer of the IABA and identified stakeholders.
- Supply regular reports on dates outlined by the Club Development Officer of the IABA or persons nominated by them.
- Strictly adhere to procedures outlined by Club Development Officer of the IABA in relation to any financial matters.
- The development officer will complete a time sheet on a weekly basis outlining work carried out on a particular week.
- To develop and maintain efficient systems ensuring the smooth running of the programme.
Promotion of Boxing:
- Working in cooperation with all stakeholders in the identified areas to promote boxing.
- Represent the IABA at local meetings regarding the development of boxing programmes.
- Identifying and assisting local community initiatives which may benefit the development of boxing.
- Identifying sources of funding available for local boxing development.
- Liaising with local media to promote boxing locally.
- To enhance and increase the profile of boxing in the community.
- Comply and actively promote IABA’s policies and procedures as directed.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time in accordance with the general nature of the post.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience delivering boxing to a broad range of societal groups.
- Minimum leaving certificate.
- Level 1 IABA coaching certificate.
- Successful candidate must undertake IABA Garda Vetting & Safeguarding training.
- Full driving license and means of transport essential.
- Knowledge of IT including working with word, excel, powerpoint and databases.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, including time management, prioritising work load and decision making.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV along with a Cover Letter via e-mail outlining your suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm March 14th 2019. Please reference “Schools Development Officer” in the subject of your email.