Special Olympics Ireland is a sports organisation for people with an intellectual disability. Our Vision is to drive and support a quality year-round sports programme that is embedded in local communities, resourced by vibrant and strong leaders, and offers health and well-being opportunities to athletes with an intellectual disability from 4 years of age upwards.
Our staff and volunteers are dedicated to changing lives of people with an intellectual disability through Sport. Special Olympics Ireland has one of the strongest Special Olympic Programmes worldwide and we are looking for a motivated individual to join our dedicated team to help build upon our success.
Special Olympics Ireland currently has a vacancy for a Regional Development Officer – Sport, for its Eastern Region.
Build and develop a comprehensive Special Olympics Sport Programme in the Eastern Region, ensuring that it is in line with the prevailing Special Olympics Ireland Strategy. Be responsible for driving and delivering development across key aspects of the Programme, namely Sports Development, Coach Education and Training, Competition Event Management and in the promotion of a holistic attitude and approach to health and wellbeing. The role will involve evening and weekend work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and implement a structured and cohesive plan for the region to achieve the objectives regarding Sports Management and Development in line with the prevailing Special Olympics Ireland Strategy.
- Assist with opportunities for athlete development and progression in sport(s).
- Play an active role in contributing to the competition and events from the organisation’s Sport Programme and be responsible for the delivery of the events with volunteers within the region.
- Liaise and work with staff and volunteers in the implementation of the Sports Programme.
- Adhere to budget in conjunction with the Regional Director.
- Undertake any other assignments as may reasonably be requested by the Regional Director.
Skills & Experience
- Relevant third-level sport qualification is essential e.g. physical education, sport/leisure management, health/fitness/leisure studies.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in a multi-faceted project is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and planning skills.
- Flexible, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- A current full clean driving license and own car or access to a car is required. An applicant who declares that they have a disability which debars then from driving, access to a form of transport which will permit them to meet the requirements of the post in full is required.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing environment within Special Olympics Ireland.
Special Olympics Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer
How to Apply: If you are interested in applying for this position please follow the instructions below:
Send your C.V. and a cover note/email that answers the following 3 questions:
- Do you have a minimum of one year’s experience in a multi-faceted Sports role?
- Are you legally resident in Ireland?
- Do you have a full clean driving license?
To be sent to SO.HR@specialolympics.ie
Closing date for applications is Friday 12 July 2019