Rowing Ireland is a membership organisation funded partly by Sport Ireland. The organisation is responsible for the development and participation of rowing and indoor rowing in Ireland, and for the training and selection of individual rowers and crews representing Ireland. Rowing is one of the most successful Irish Olympic sports and Ireland is ranked second in World rankings as we head into the Olympic year. Rowing Ireland affiliated clubs (referred to as ‘Clubs’) are the backbone of our organisation and we are committed to ensuring that the sport continues to thrive, from the grass-roots right up to winning medals at the Olympic Games.
Rowing Ireland are seeking to recruit a full-time Programme Lead to join our expanding team. The Programme Lead will be integral in supporting the delivery of key objectives within our Strategic Plan 2019-2024, specifically in relation to the delivery of Get Going…Get Rowing (our indoor rowing programme).
Role: Programme Lead
Reports to: CEO
Contract Type: Full-time, permanent
Application closing date: 5pm on Friday 11th September
Get Going…Get Rowing is a schools and community indoor rowing programme which was established in its present form in 2014. Since its inception the initiative has grown to every corner of the country, engaging hundreds of schools and localities.
The objective of the programme is to give everyone the opportunity to row on a rowing machine and to provide a pathway to on the water rowing, and ultimately rowing for life. The primary purpose of the Programme Lead role is to develop and co-ordinate the delivery of this programme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and co-ordinate the delivery of Get Going…Get Rowing in its current locations
- Engage with our current stakeholders and develop relationships with new partners, including identifying areas of innovative funding
- Work in partnership with our members and Clubs to expand and develop the programme, including expanding the programme in to regions where it is not currently delivered.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of interventions and prepare written and oral reports on the outcomes, as necessary
- Plan and coordinate the programme delivery in collaboration with Regional Coordinators
- As part of a team, create, develop and roll out an indoor rowing Coach Education programme
- Expand the indoor rowing programme to include new groups, such as adult men and women and Rowability
- Work closely across all areas of our team and with our volunteers to develop, deliver and expand our programme of events and initiatives in order to support our key objectives
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the role and as required by the CEO
- A sound knowledge of our network of Clubs and rowing across Ireland (Essential)
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including persuading, influencing and negotiating
- The ability to analyse data and identify innovative and straight-forward solutions
- Experience of building and managing relationships with key stakeholders (such as Sport Ireland and Local Sport Partnerships), strategic partners, colleagues and volunteers.
- Ability to inspire volunteers, build team cohesion, and help coaches to understand how their work contributes to the end goals
- Proven ability to successfully implement and execute programmes
- Clean, full driving license
- Legally entitled to work in Ireland
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and can be amended in consideration of changing needs of the
Rowing Ireland working hours are 9:00 to 17:00, although flexibility will be required at busy times to ensure core objectives are achieved.
Rowing Ireland is committed to equal opportunities for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
To apply for this role, email your CV along with a covering letter to Michelle Carpenter via email@example.com.
Please note: CVs received from agencies will not be considered for this role.