A resourceful, effective communicator to develop and implement badminton participation projects and strategies in relation to our network of voluntary members and help maintain our regional profile.
Delivering high quality badminton experiences to over 400 clubs across Ireland and working with local sports partnership to deliver a variety of Badminton Ireland programmes. The role will include managing the delivery of the ‘Badminton schools programme’ and ensuring a joined up pathway from school badminton to junior/senior club badminton in conjunction with the Local Sports Partnerships. Other duties will include coordinating the summer Holiday Zone promotion and supporting the rest of the Team as required with projects such as Parabadminton, Women in Sport, Age and opportunity, etc.
Experience and understanding of sports participation is desirable but paramount will be strong organisation and communication skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines. Some experience of marketing would be valuable. Being an integral part of a team is essential.
This is an opportunity to work in a highly motivated and supportive team during an inspirational year for sport with the London 2012 Olympic Games just around the corner.
- To implement, monitor and update the operational Plan around various participation projects providing regular reports as required
- To co-ordinate, manage and implement an annual programme of participation events (including competitive and non-competitive events, taster opportunities and education)
- Engage with key partners and agencies with regard to the delivery of Parabadminton.
- To ensure that effective and appropriate liaison/communication is maintained with all relevant organisations and partners
- To ensure that appropriate Policies and Procedures are in place and records maintained
- To ensure systems are in place which will enable coaches and volunteers to be trained, developed
- and motivated effectively
- To ensure the Chief Executive is regularly updated on all aspects of work