Participation and Growth Co-ordinator based in Connacht (Full Time, 3 year Contract)
The Camogie Association is recruiting for a Full Time Participation and Growth Co-ordinator based in Connacht to join the Association’s staff team.
The successful candidate will be part of the Camogie Associations Development Team, and will responsible for delivering on a workplan aligned to the Camogie Association across its work, providing support to units, volunteers, and officers in the Connacht province, Some activities carried out by the successful candidate will also involve engagement with and participation by units, volunteers and officers in counties outside of the province of Connacht. The successful candidate will assist in implementing the Camogie Association’s National Development Plan for 2020-2023 (https://camogie.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Camogie-Association-National-Development-Plan-2020-23.pdf ) and successor plans to lead and drive a participation, growth and development of Camogie.
The Camogie Association
The Camogie Association is the National Governing Body for the sport of Camogie, and it is responsible for promoting and developing the game, and its governance structures across the Camogie community. The Association is an independent voluntary organisation founded in 1904.
In 2018, Camogie (along with Hurling) was added to UNESCO’s list of protected cultural activities around the world. Camogie operates at club, county, provincial and international levels with teams of all ages participating in the sport in recreational and competitive activities.
The Connacht Participation and Growth Co-ordinator will be part of the development team alongside colleagues in similar roles on Leinster, Munster and Ulster, and will report to the Retention and Participation Co-Ordinator/Technical Development and Participation Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
|Communication & Collaboration||Act as a communication link between national, provincial, and county structures by supporting these relationships on an ongoing basis
With the Provincial Council Development Officers, co-convene a Provincial Network of County Development Officers
Development and nurturing of strong relationships with internal and external partners including GAA/ LGFA/ Local Sports Partnerships etc.
|Guidance, Support and Advice||Attend & present at Provincial Council Meetings as required,
Assist with Provincial and county development plans, and development funding applications to Provincial Council.
Support Counties and Provinces in rolling out the Camogie Association strategies, programmes and special projects to drive growth, participation and player retention across the range of ages and playing levels within the sport.
Provide guidance and support to County Boards on day-to-day development activities
Support & advise on games programmes, within counties and across Provinces, that are appropriate to the age and ability of the various playing groups, in line with the Camogie Association’s National Development Plan
|Programmes and Initiatives||Liaise and collaborate with national programmes and initiatives under the Camogie Association’s National Development Plan, including games development, and officer development initiatives for counties and clubs
Deliver annual participation and development work plans in line with National Development Plan objectives
Support clubs and schools to ensure the effective promotion of Camogie through Club School links
Liaise with Provincial and County Development Officers to identify the coach and referee education needs within the Province/counties
Ensure the delivery of innovative strategies, programmes and special projects to drive growth, participation and player retention across the range of ages and playing levels within the sport
Support and facilitate the organisation of courses and workshops including those in accordance with the Camogie Association’s National Development Plan building capacity of volunteers
Engage with the National Coaching and Games Development team and P&G colleagues in relevant provinces to ensure appropriate access and participation by counties in participation and growth programmes
Liaise and collaborate with relevant GAA Development programmes involving counties/clubs from Connacht and other counties with a view to ensuring appropriate Camogie participation
|Health & Safety||Ensure that all Counties are aware of the Health and Safety Requirements, and appropriate Documentation when running events|
|Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting||Monitor and report on active coach data and membership trends across the counties and province
Review and administer Provincial development leagues, development competitions and agreed development initiatives
|Management & Budgeting||Contribute to work planning & budgeting process in the areas of responsibility
Supervise and support interns, work placements and occasional contract work as appropriate
Management of Budgets and ensuring delivery of Value for Money in Project & Initiative Roll Outs
|General||Represent Camogie at internal and external /events to raise the Association’s profile.
Undertake any other duties as required, commensurate with the role, and as directed by the Ard Stiúrthóir
During the recruitment and selection process, candidates will be expected to demonstrate an appropriate mix of knowledge, experience and skills as described above. For shortlisting purposes, candidate submissions will be expected to demonstrate the degree to which they meet the criteria as set out above.
The Camogie Association an equal opportunities employer.
The successful candidate should demonstrate the following:
- A third level degree in sports, communication, business management or other relevant area or A minimum of 2-3 years’ professional experience in a similar role
- Must have the ability to develop good working relationships at multiple levels, contribute to a positive working environment and influence the delivery of objectives with a wide variety of stakeholders including volunteers, colleagues in sport, sponsors etc.
- Highly organised, thorough and conscientious, with demonstrated ability to work to deadlines
- Experience of designing and implementing strategic plans/events
- Good administrative and IT skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentational
- Experience of working as a team member
- A flexible approach
- Current clean full driving licence and access to own transport
The following will be advantageous to applicants:
- Experience in collaborative working and developing new relationships.
- An understanding and experience of the unique environment of volunteer sporting National Governing Bodies, and experience of working with Volunteers
- Track record of managing multiple and varied relationships and projects.
- Experience of working in the sports sector, especially Gaelic games
- Have an interest in the sport and a knowledge of the structures and operations of the Camogie Association and Gaelic games.
- Knowledge of Camogie/hurling coach education processes and materials
- Knowledge of Camogie/hurling referee education processes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other IT related packages
- Knowledge and/or experience of adult learning methodologies
- Experience of developing tutor and/or coach and/or referee education materials
- Previous playing experience of Camogie/hurling
Grade and Salary: Salary will be commensurate with Experience
Duration: 3 year contract (Subject to 6 Month Probation)
Working hours: Full Time – 5 Day Week, 39 Hour Working week. This role is offered on a 5/7 day contract. This role requires flexibility and will entail out-of-hours working. The responsibilities and accountabilities might differ from those outlined, and other duties as assigned, might be part of the job.
Location – This role is based in the Connacht Centre of Excellence, Bekan, Co. Mayo.
Transport: -Full Clean Driving License and Access to transport as travel is a necessary requirement of the post.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 12 noon on Monday 25th September 2023.
Please submit a Current CV and Cover letter to email@example.com