Basketball Ireland is inviting applications for the role of part-time Media and Communications Assistant.
Media and Communications Manager
Basketball Ireland is looking for somebody to join its Media and Communications team. It is a part-time role, working two days a week, at weekends. Occasional midweek work may be required, subject to agreement between BI and chosen candidate.
Basketball Ireland is seeking a candidate to write content and maintain Basketball Ireland’s website and social channels. They will have the ability to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, as well as keen eye for a story and create engaging social media posts/content.
Working closely with the Media and Communications Manager, they will assist in all communications and media relations for Basketball Ireland, both internal and external.
This will include:
- Writing previews, game reports, press releases and in-house documentation
- Dealing with both internal and external stakeholders, helping build and maintain effective working relationships
- Help create new and innovative ways to promote and market Irish basketball
- Other general media and marketing duties including, but not exclusive to, supporting live TV broadcasts and management of media, photographers, commentary and streaming
- Working as a core part of a team, to ensure the smooth running of events
- Providing support to other Basketball Ireland departments and Irish international teams
- Ideally one years’ experience in a similar role
- A third level qualification in Media/Communications/Journalism, or relevant discipline
- A passion for social media and proven ability to create content
- Knowledge of content management systems, such as WordPress
- Strong communication and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in dealing with media contacts and the volunteer base of an organisation
- Knowledge of the sports media scene in Ireland
- Excellent organisational, scheduling and planning skills, with attention to detail
- A team player and flexibility in working hours – please note this role will predominantly be working on weekends
- A full, clean, driving license. The successful candidate must also have their own mode of transport for travel to and from games at weekends
- A knowledge of basketball is desired, but not essential
This part-time contract role is a combination of remote/on-location/office-based working. Basketball Ireland’s office is located at the National Basketball Arena in Tallaght, Dublin 24.
How to Apply:
Applications for the role must include:
- Cover letter
- Links to examples of journalism work/press releases/social media content
- A sample basketball game report (approx. 400 words)
All four elements of the application should be sent by email to Basketball Ireland’s Media and Communications Manager, Nathaniel Cope, at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 1700 on Friday, January 14th, 2022.