Paralympics Ireland are seeking a dynamic office administrator to work with their staff team at their new offices in a fast paced environment.
Position Title: Office Administrator
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Contract Type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Irish Sports HQ, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
To act as office administrator and to support the work of the staff of Paralympics Ireland
The office administrator will work closely with the staff of Paralympics Ireland, in particular, the
CEO to provide secretarial and administrative support.
The office administrator will seek to inform themselves of the work of the organisation, its aims
and objectives and develop an understanding and knowledge of the Paralympics Ireland
stakeholders and organisational needs.
The staff of Paralympics Ireland, and in particular, the CEO will expect to be able to rely on the
office administrator, trusting that work will be handled efficiently in his/her absence and
discretion and confidentiality are essential attributes for the person in this role.
1) Assist in the provision of clerical, secretarial and administrative support including:
• screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them directly when
• meeting and greeting visitors;
• organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
• dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of
Paralympics Ireland staff as appropriate;
• drafting of letters as appropriate
• taking dictation and minutes of meetings;
• carrying out research and presenting findings;
• producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
• organising meetings, meeting packs and attending meetings;
• devising and maintaining office systems, including data management, filing,
• arranging travel and accommodation
2) Ensuring the efficient administration of the Board, committees and working groups
including liaising with chairs and secretaries on setting agendas, creating minutes and
managing logistical arrangements for meetings.
3) Liaise with Board Members, Committees, Members and outside agencies where
4) Develop systems and manage all office functions in relation to file management,
post, telephone queries, equipment/stationery inventory and storage
5) Develop, manage and maintain the Paralympics Ireland database
6) Support Rio 2016 Irish Paralympic Team preparation e.g. accreditation data,
equipment, kit sizing etc.
7) Undertake other responsibilities as defined from time to time by the CEO.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an
outline indication of the areas of activity and may be amended.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Office Administrator
3rd level qualification or extensive experience in a similar fast paced role.
Demonstrable ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
Excellent proven written and verbal communication skills with a high attention
Exceptional organisational skills with good attention to detail.
Ability to use effectively company hardware including computers, Iphones, Ipads,
fax machine, scanning, photocopiers, franking machine etc.
Highly competent in the use of IT including email, outlook, word, excel, mail
merge, powerpoint, database etc.
An understanding of and ability to engage with social media.
Ability to be adaptable and to perform in a pressurised setting.
Well developed time management skills including the ability to set and meet
deadlines and prioritise work.
Experience in managing meetings and minute taking.
Strong writing skills
Ability to maximise the use of information technology to increase efficiencies in
systems and processes.
Experience of dealing with persons with a disability.
Experience in the preparation and monitoring of budgets.
Experience of working in a National Governing Body of Sport
Employer: Paralympics Ireland
Contract Type: Fixed term contract on a full-time basis for 12 months,
Probationary Period: 6 months from commencement date
Salary: €32,000 per annum
Hols: 25 days plus public holidays
Location: Paralympics Ireland Head Office, National Sports Campus,
Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
The operation of this contract is subject to funding for the position on an annual basis from the Irish Sports Council
References: Two referees appropriate to the position
Closing date for Applications: 5pm on Friday 26 April, 2013
Interested Candidates Please send Letter of Application and CV (complete with a minimum of two references applicable to the position being applied for) to Liam Harbison, CEO, at email@example.com
Important Note: As Paralympics Ireland are currently in the process of moving
offices, applications for this post will only be accepted by email.
Closing date for applications is the 26th April at 5:00pm.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place in early May at Paralympics Ireland’s Head Office
Canvassing of any current Board or staff member for the position will disqualify candidates for consideration.