PARALYMPICS IRELAND: HEAD OF COMMERCIAL & FUNDING
Position Title: Head of Commercial & Funding
Status: Full time role
Location: Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
The role will involve travel internationally and within Ireland
Reporting to: CEO
The Paralympic Movement and Paralympics Ireland is on a very positive trajectory in terms of the recognition of the Paralympic Games within sport in general, and the recognition of the elite, high performance athletes and teams involved.
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated, driven individual to play a key role in a dynamic team, within a multi-sport environment, to use their skills to support elite athletes with a disability, towards the Paralympic Games in Tokyo 2020 and beyond.
As Head of Commercial & Funding you will work as a senior member of the management team for Paralympics Ireland and be responsible for the development and implementation of a funding plan for the organisation that will include the lead up to Tokyo 2020 as well as the future campaigns towards Paris 2024 and LA 2028.
The role will involve leading all funding and commercial aspects for the organisation. You will be able to evidence a strong track record of delivery and operational excellence and can deal with a complex commercial environment.
The role consists of three main areas of responsibility:
1. Planning: Development and implementation of a funding strategy, in line with the overall organisation strategy.
2. Commercial Programme & Partner Management: Expand the current portfolio of commercial partners and manage all customer relations to a high standard including guest programmes at events and the Paralympic Games
3. Revenue Development: Grow and diversify our revenue base by exploring a variety of non-commercial options.
SPECIFIC KEY TASKS
1. Develop, implement and evaluate an agreed strategy to ensure a sustainable financial model for the organisation
2. Lead on the commercial and funding aspects of the overall organisational strategy
3. To be the principal commercial and funding adviser to the Chief Executive, senior colleagues and the Board, contributing professional expertise, in a clear and timely manner to an effective high performing organisation. Make presentations and represent the organisation in this area.
Commercial Programme and Partner Management
4. Grow the current portfolio of commercial partnerships.
5. Manage partnerships through the implementation of best practice sales and customer relationship management.
6. Manage games and event guest programme and partner network for the Paralympic Games and other events that may arise. This will involve attendance at the Paralympic Games for a period to be determined, up to three weeks.
7. Grow and diversify our revenue base with a target of 40% of the organisations income to be self-generated by 2022.
8. Leverage the charitable status of Paralympics Ireland to raise additional funds
9. Liaise with and engage support from other parts of the organisation to facilitate the achievement of targets eg. Sports and events programmes, athlete agreements, Board Commercial Advisory Group
10. Play and active role in the management team of Paralympics Ireland.
11. Agree and implement an annual individual work programme with the CEO identifying key activities, priorities, personal objectives, timescales, budget and performance indicators.
12. Undertake other duties as required from time to time by the CEO.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Head of Commercial & Funding
5 years full-time (or part-time equivalent) experience of developing and implementing commercial and funding plans to strict deadlines*
Experience of successful, senior responsibility for effective commercial and funding management in a complex and challenging organisation*
Demonstrable partner management experience*
Experience in commercial sales and implementation*
Experience of development of productive and open relationships with organisational stakeholders at multiple levels based on engaging and effective communication
A clean current full driving licence and access to a form of transport to meet the requirements of the post in full.
A flexible approach to hours required including the ability to attend evening and weekend meetings and to undertake occasional travel involving overnight stays
Experience of providing clear, timely and accurate commercial and funding advice to a Board
Ability to be adaptable and to perform in a pressurised setting.
Ability to work on one’s own and also to work as part of a team.
Proven ability to motivate people and make decisions.
Understanding of sports structures in Ireland, including Paralympic sport.
Significant experience in leading the development and implementation of detailed funding plans in an international environment.
Note to all applicants:
*Only those applicants who clearly demonstrate, by example, how they meet the essential criteria will go forward to the next stage in the recruitment and selection process.
Desirable criteria may be used for shortlisting purposes if required.
All other essential and desirable criteria will be assessed by selection test and/or interview.
NB. This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and can be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
Suitable candidates should apply in writing with a letter and current CV to Natalie@paralympics.ie
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Tuesday 2nd January, 2019
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place during the second week of January
Queries may be directed to Natalie O’Callaghan at Paralympics Ireland by email at Natalie@paralympics.ie or by calling 01 625 1175.
Paralympics Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be treated in strict confidence.