JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSONNEL SPECIFICATION
PARALYMPICS IRELAND: OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
Position Title: Office Administrator
Status: Full time role
Location: Paralympics Ireland, Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Reporting to: CEO
The Paralympic Movement and Paralympics Ireland is on a very positive trajectory in terms of the recognition of the Paralympic Games within sport in general, and the recognition of the elite, high performance athletes and teams involved.
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated, organised individual to play a key role within a multi-sport environment, in the lead up to the Paralympic Games in Tokyo 2020 and beyond.
As Office Administrator, you will work directly with the CEO and be part of the team for Paralympics Ireland in the lead up to the Paralympic Games in Tokyo 2020. The role will involve handling important stakeholders and sensitive information, keeping track of office details such as information on contacts, management of business calendars, and the recording and maintenance of meeting minutes.
SPECIFIC KEY TASKS
1) General office administration – first point of contact for general calls, emails and maintenance of office requirements.
2) Support the Financial Administrator to maintain very organised and efficient calendar, meetings files and documents for the CEO.
3) Liaise with Board Members, Committee Members and outside agencies where applicable.
4) Prepare various correspondence, reports, presentations and meeting packs and meeting notes
5) Act as an administrative support to other members of the Management Team as required.
6) Support fundraising campaigns for Paralympics Ireland through contact with external stakeholders and administrative support of programmes and events
7) Develop, manage and maintain a Paralympics Ireland company wide database and CRM system
8) Act as administrator of Paralympics Ireland’s Garda Vetting system as per the Paralympics Ireland Safeguarding policy.
9) Support Team Leads and sports with logistical aspects such as travel and competition entries.
10) Process and assist with Athlete Licensing for the IPC SDMS System.
11) Administration of the key organisational items including governance code policy implementation, insurance policy, stationary, supplies and equipment.
12) Support Chef de Mission with Irish Paralympic Team preparation for Paralympic Games e.g. accreditation data, equipment, kit sizing etc.
13) Undertake other responsibilities as defined from time to time by the CEO.
➢ 3 years full-time (or part-time equivalent) experience in administration.*
➢ Experienced in taking responsibility for office administration or management.*
➢ Excellent demonstrable organisation skills.
➢ Proficient in MS Office suite.
➢ Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
➢ Experience of implementing governance policies and governance code compliance.*
➢ Experience of positive communication with all stakeholders.
➢ Understanding of sports structures in Ireland, including Paralympic sport.
➢ Ability to be adaptable and to perform in a pressurised setting.
➢ Ability to work on one’s own and also to work as part of a team.
➢ Experience in digital/online media implementation.
➢ Experience of working within the Sports sector.
➢ Experience in acting as Administrator for Garda Vetting.
➢ A flexible approach to hours required including the ability to attend evening and weekend meetings and to undertake occasional travel or overnight stays
Note to all applicants:
*Only those applicants who clearly demonstrate, by example, how they meet the essential criteria will go forward to the next stage in the recruitment and selection process.
Desirable criteria may be used for shortlisting purposes if required.
All other essential and desirable criteria will be assessed by selection test and/or interview.
NB. This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and can be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
➢ Suitable candidates should apply in writing with a letter and current CV to email@example.com
➢ Closing date for applications is March 28th 2019
➢ Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on the second week of April
➢ The position will start immediately for the successful candidate
Queries may be directed to Natalie O’Callaghan at Paralympics Ireland by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01 625 1175.
Paralympics Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be treated in strict confidence.