Federation of Irish Sport: Office Administrator
Job Title: Office Administrator – Part Time (up to 25 hours per week)
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer, Federation of Irish Sport (the “Federation”)
To act as office administrator and to support the work of the staff of the Federation of Irish Sport
The office administrator will work closely with the staff of the Federation in particular, the CEO to provide secretarial and administrative support.
The office administrator will seek to inform themselves of the work of the organisation, its aims and objectives and develop an understanding and knowledge of the Federation’s stakeholders and organisational needs.
The staff of the Federation and in particular, the CEO will expect to be able to rely on the office administrator, trusting that work will be handled efficiently in his/her absence and discretion and confidentiality are essential attributes for the person in this role.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
1. Assist in the provision of clerical, secretarial and administrative support to the Federation staff including:
- screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them directly when appropriate;
- meeting and greeting visitors;
- organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
- dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of Federation staff as appropriate;
- drafting of letters as appropriate
- taking dictation and minutes of meetings;
- carrying out research and presenting findings;
- producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- organising meetings, meeting packs and attending meetings;
- devising and maintaining office systems, including data managemnt, filing, archiving, processing of expense claims etc.;
- arranging travel and accommodation and, if requested, travelling with the Federation staff to provide general assistance at meetings.
2. Ensuring the efficient administration of the Federation Board, committees and working groups including liaising with chairs and secretaries on setting agendas, creating minutes, managing logistical arrangements for meetings, tracking and monitoring actions and to-dos
3. Management of Federation Events to a consistently high standard including for example, Annual Conference, Networking events, Awards Programmes
4. Support to the CEO with regard to administrative work on budgetary and financial matters.
5. Liaising with the Federation Staff on the development and production of regular ezines and newsletters and on the updating of the website; preparing speeches for promotional events
6. Liaise with Federation Board Members, Committees, Federation Members and outside agencies where applicable
7. Preparing presentations and project materials as required
8. Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the CEO
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and may be amended in the light of the changing environment within Irish Sport
- Excellent organisational skills with good attention to detail is essential in this role
- Ability to grasp and contextualise specialist information
- Experienced in managing meetings and minute taking
- Strong writing skills
- Good ICT skills with the capacity to maximise technology to increase efficiencies in processes and procedures
- Previous experience in a compatible role
- Able to work on own initiative
- Team player
Terms and Conditions:
The role is part-time (up to 25 hours per week). A one year fixed term contract will be offered. The role will be based at the Irish Sport HQ, National Sport Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. Salary competitive and subject to negotiation with successful candidate.
Candidates should submit a detailed cover letter together with a full curriculum vitae to include the names and contact details of 2 referees (email addresses if possible) to Sarah O’Connor at: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Wednesday 10th April 2013