About Golf Ireland:
Based in Carton Demesne, near Maynooth, Golf Ireland is the national governing body responsible for leading, growing and supporting the game of golf for all on the island of Ireland. In addition to the Carton Demesne site, Golf Ireland has teams
based in four regional offices in each of the provinces of Ireland. The teams in these locations are responsible for the delivery of local operations in conjunction with their respective Regional Executive Committees. The primary functions of Golf Ireland include the administration of Championships and Inter-Club events, the administration of the World Handicap System and the Rules of Golf and Amateur Status, the delivery of a world-class high performance programme, contesting and hosting international fixtures, supporting clubs and growing the game. Golf Ireland now wishes to invite applications for the following role to be based at Golf Ireland HQ at Carton Demesne.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Regional Manager of Leinster, the Office Administrator will be responsible for the day to day administration primarily within the Leinster Region.
• Assist in the overall administration of Golf Ireland’s Leinster Region.
• Assist with the preparation and delivery (as required) of Championships and Interclub events held in the Leinster Region.
• Liaise with Golf Ireland’s Digital & Social Media on tournament results in the Leinster Region.
• Respond to general club queries directly on handicapping, course rating etc where possible or signpost queries to the appropriate committees/individuals.
• Liaise with clubs and individuals for the return of trophies that are held across Golf Ireland’s Leinster Region.
• Maintain the relevant databases to ensure they are up to date.
• Liaise with Golf Ireland’s Office Manager on the allocation of Interprovincial team uniform.
• Assist with the administration and activity of other key departments of Golf Ireland as requiredAbout the Candidate:
Experience & Knowledge:
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office (mainly word, excel and outlook).
• Previous administration experience.
• A knowledge of golf is desirable but not essential. Competencies & Attributes:
• Can communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders both verbally and written.
• Skilled at prioritising and multi-tasking.
• Ability to understand the needs of the organisation.
• Is energetic, highly motivated and enthusiastic.
How to Apply:
Applications for the role must include a cover letter and curriculum vitae and be
sent to email@example.com on or before 1700 on Friday, March 26th, 2021.