NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT OFFICER responsible for Growth and Participation
The Ladies Gaelic Football Association (Association), founded in 1974, has over 195,000 registered members in Ireland. The game is played in countries across the world.
To continue its development as one of the largest, fastest growing, active and dynamic sports in Ireland, the Association is looking to fill the vital position of National Development Officer responsible for growth and participation based in our Head Office in Dublin.
This is a really exciting position for a self-motivated and driven individual wishing to enhance their career.
Reporting to the National Development Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The implementation and monitoring of the Association’s national growth and participation strand of the strategic roadmap and its associated objectives
- As part of the development team, designing and driving the implementation of a range of programmes and policies to support growth and participation both nationally and internationally
- Supporting clubs, county boards, provincial councils and international units, developing collaborative working relationships, delivering training and providing information and advice
- Working as part of the Association Development team, deliver projects and programmes as they arise
Successful candidates will have:
- Relevant 3rd level qualification in sports related discipline or equivalent relevant to the post
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a position responsible for the development and delivery of programmes in a sporting organisation, ideally with direct experience of growth and participation
- A high degree of initiative with proven planning and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to build effective relationships with a variety of diverse stakeholders at local and national level
- The ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Have an interest in the sport and a knowledge of the structures and operations of a sporting organisation
- Ability to work to deadlines
- A full valid driving licence for use in Ireland
Applicants should submit completed application forms for this position to:
Lyn Savage, National Development Manager,
Ladies Gaelic Football Association,
Completed application forms must be received by the Association not later than Friday 29thMarch.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Please click on the following link for job spec: Job spec
And for an application form, please click on the following link: Application form