Job Title: Munster Development Officer
Location: Munster GAA Offices, Limerick.
Responsible to: Munster Ladies Gaelic Football Association
Duration of Post: Three year contract, with a probationary period of 6 months, extendable to a max of 12 months.
1. JOB PURPOSE
The successful applicant will report to the LGFA National Development Manager and Munster Ladies Gaelic Football Association. The post-holder will be responsible for implementing specific policies and programmes as directed by the Munster Ladies Gaelic Football Association within the Province of Munster. The post-holder will co-ordinate the implementation and review of our development plan in conjunction with the Munster Council and the National Development Manager, working closely with key partners across the Province.
2. MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILTY
The main areas include:
• Ensuring the implementation of the Strategic Development Plan and any new programmes and initiatives that emerge, with a strong focus on the development of grassroots Ladies Gaelic Football in Munster.
• Reviewing the impact and success of strategic plans in the Province and the counties with an emphasis on gathering information to identify areas of success and those requiring improvement going forward for input into successive plans.
• Co-ordination of all the development activities involving volunteer, club, player, coach and officials across the Province.
• Working with the National Development Manager in co-ordinating and implementation of inter-regional activities such as blitzes, coaching workshops and development programmes.
• Working with Munster Council in the creation of new opportunities for participation and development in the Province.
• Creation of new relationships with key sports partners in Munster to further develop grassroots Gaelic games in schools and clubs.
• To co-ordinate links between Counties in Munster, in the areas of club development, participation and performance.
• To generate new development programmes for the Province in conjunction with Munster Council and the National Development Programme.
• To assist with the implementation of the Ladies Gaelic Football Association’s Coach, Referee & Administrator Development Programmes.
• To complete any other duties as may reasonably be required of the post.
This Job Description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the Munster Ladies Gaelic Football Association.
For further information and application details please see here http://www.munsterlgfa.com/news/10046809/Job_Opportunity
CLOSING DATE – FRIDAY 18th JANUARY