An intern is sought to join the Membership and Development sections of the Badminton Ireland team.
This is a valuable opportunity to gain experience within a National Governing Body for sport in the year leading up to an Olympic Games.
The position will be office based and run between September 2019 and March 2020.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in the day to day operations of the membership and development sections within the organisation
- Assist the Membership Officer with daily tasks to ensure efficient service is provided to Badminton Ireland Member Organisations
- Assist members to use the Badminton Ireland membership system
- Assist in communicating with key Badminton Ireland partners and stakeholders
- Assist in data collection and the preparation of reports and presentations
- Assist in the preparation of marketing material for Badminton Ireland programmes
- Other duties as assigned
- A relevant third-level qualification achieved in a sports related discipline
- A strong knowledge of Irish Badminton and the Irish Sporting landscape is preferable
- Good IT skills with proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint essential
- Good administrative skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to set priorities, multi-task, and manage time efficiently
- Good reporting skills with an ability to present information to a high standard
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work within a team to achieve results
How to Apply;
If you are interested in joining the Badminton Ireland team, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday August 30th.