Paralympics Ireland are seeking to recruit a Media & Events Manager
Role Title: Media & Events Manager
Contract: 10 month Temporary Full Time Contract (Maternity Cover)
Period: Dec. 2015 to end Sept. 2016
Salary: €28,000 (for 10 month contract)
Location: Based at Irish Sports HQ, Dublin 15
Rio 2016: The successful candidate must available to work on site at the 2016 Rio Paralympic
Games for a period of up to three weeks in Sept 2016.
Paralympics Ireland seeks a dynamic, energetic and results driven communications professional to
deliver the organisations communications action plan in the Paralympic Games year. The successful
candidate will play a key role as part of Paralympics Ireland’s Media Team at the Rio 2016 Paralympic
Desirable skills and experience
· Experience operating in the role of press officer for a busy organisation, ideally a sports
· Knowledge and understanding of Irish sports media landscape with pre-existing relationships
· Understanding of performance Paralympic sport and wider Irish sports performance sector
1) Implement key elements of the organisation’s media and communications strategy with specific
focus on maximising media and broadcast coverage for the Irish Team at Rio 2016
2) Implement the pre Games PR & communications plan as developed by the Communications and
3) Coordinate the Media & Communications consultation group to ensure the successful delivery of
PI’s media service from Rio 2016
4) Develop content for publication on behalf of PI in traditional media and on PI’s digital platforms
including management of all PI social media platforms
5) Support the PI Executive Team (including the Games HQ Team) in the delivery of events such as
team training camps, press events, partner events etc. and at the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games.
6) Manage and develop established PI media and broadcast stakeholder relationships ensuring their
needs for Rio 2016 are met.
7) Develop and implement action plans as the lead producer of key Paralympics Ireland events e.g.
Rio 2016 Team Announcement, OCS Irish Paralympic Awards.
8) Drive and co-manage current rebuild of the PI website in readiness for Rio 2016.
This list is not exhaustive and may be amended as the need arises during the course of the contract.
How to apply
Applications consisting of an updated CV with 2 relevant references and a 2 min video clip outlining
your skills, qualifications, knowledge of Paralympic Sport and enthusiasm for the role to be sent to
email@example.com no later than Monday 30th November, 2015.
· Availability to commence the role immediately is preferable.
· Contact details of referees must be provided with the CV. No referee will be contacted
without informing candidates in advance.
· Appointment will be subject to satisfactory conclusion of Garda Vetting, completion of
contract and approval by the Board of Directors.