Manager – The PGA in Ireland
The Professional Golfers’ Association is seeking a Manager to lead PGA activity in Ireland for our Members and the broader Golf and Business Community
Established in 1901, the PGA’s mission is to improve the personal and professional lives of its Members through its strategic principles of providing world class services, influencing and delivering through its Members and delivering exceptional prestige standards.
The Manager of The PGA in Ireland will work with and build lasting relationships with key stakeholders in Ireland to position The PGA and its Members as a strong and positive influence in golf.
Reporting to the Executive Director – Member Services, the Manager of The PGA in Ireland will:
- Be responsible for Member engagement in Ireland, providing effective communication via a variety of media (printed and electronic) as well as provising support, advice and direction for PGA Members on various areas including business and welfare and also Mental Health support in accordance with the wider support available to Members from The PGA;
- Comprehensively manage business affairs and objectives of The PGA in Ireland including managing the committee function (including County/Branch) and finances;
- Work with the Commercial team to take advantage of all commercial opportunities, maintain and expand the portfolio of sponsors by building/maintaining commercial relationships through personal contact, effective marketing and networking initiatives and identifying new opportunities to maximise revenue;
- Working with the Head of Tournament Strategy, oversee the provision of a comprehensive schedule of playing opportunities;
- Effectively manage the running of the office and staff to ensure all objectives and obligations are fulfilled.
The successful candidate will: have previous experience of working with external leadership teams to influence organisational positioning (golf bodies, sports bodies or within similar environments would be advantageous); be familiar with being a key spokesperson for an organization (in person or via a variety of media including published print and social media); be an experienced public speaker with experience of delivering business presentations; have previous responsibility for people management; and will have an excellent understanding of the structure of golf, knowledge of tournament management and rules of golf and be a competent and knowledgeable golf player. Having a commercial background with sales and budgeting experience as well as previous experience of negotiating partnership/sponsorship deals is essential criteria to fulfil this role. Being a Mental Health First-Aider is desirable but training will be provided.
Key competences include excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to strongly position the organisation in an environment where multiple stakeholders have competing priorities. Ideally the successful candidate will be business focused with excellent networking skills, have a positive, flexible approach whilst being organised, and results driven.
In addition to a competitive salary, the Association is offering a company car, membership of the PGA pension scheme and (after a qualifying period) membership of the private healthcare, company sick pay, group income protection and group life assurance schemes.
This is a permanent, full-time role working around the core hours of the business (9 am until 5 pm Monday to Friday). Travelling, evening as well as occasional weekend and/or bank holiday working however are essential to fulfil this role. Although this role will be based initially at the PGA office in Dundalk, candidates should be prepared for an increasingly significant amount of working time to be in and around the Dublin area.
We welcome applications for this role via the request of a job description initially from Dawn Sales, HR and Health & Safety Advisor then sending your curriculum vitae together with a covering letter which clearly articulates how you meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com. The closing date and time for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 23 December 2020 and interviews will be held in January 2021.