Date Posted: 24 June 2019
Basketball Ireland is inviting applications for the role of Leinster Development Officer within the organization.
- Help to oversee the development and implementation of a dedicated strategy for regional development officers.
- Complete monthly progress reports for the Board of Basketball Ireland.
- Manage the delivery of BI programmes to 15,000-17,000 children each year.
- Continue and progress existing Basketball Ireland development programmes including but not exclusive to: Green Shoots, Urban Hoops, Elites in Schools, Mini Basketball 3×3, women in sport initiatives and the ‘Her World, Her Rules’ programme.
- Propose, implement and report on new initiatives that serve to help further grow the sport of basketball in Ireland.
- Actively participate in school visits within the region to help promote and grow the sport of basketball.
- Develop relationships with external organisations including Local Sports Partnerships and County Councils.
- Represent Basketball Ireland at events around Ireland.
Other Duties include, but are not exclusive to:
- Take leadership in the organisation and running of all accredited Basketball Ireland Coaching Courses in conjunction with Coaching Ireland.
- Work closely with other core departments within Basketball Ireland including Competitions, Commercial and Media, to help grow and promote the game of basketball in Ireland.
- A third level qualification in Sports Management or related discipline.
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management.
- Ability to work off own initiative.
- Be an effective part of a team.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Must have own transport and full Irish driving license.
- An interest in basketball and a passion for helping Basketball Ireland to grow the sport in the coming years.
- A knowledge of the sport as it exists currently in Ireland.
- A knowledge of the Irish sporting landscape including Sport Ireland and the LSP network.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Impressive track record.
National Basketball Arena, Tallaght, Dublin 24
Full time, permanent, subject to a three-month probationary period.
- Applications must be made to Secretary General of Basketball Ireland by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application must include a cover letter and CV.
The closing date for applications is 5pm sharp on Friday 5th July 2019.
Interviews will be held in the week beginning Monday 8th July.