- The role is responsible for driving and managing all ILGU content across all existing and new digital and social media channels.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and implementing a content and social media strategy and vision for the ILGU.
- The role will have responsibility for the development of website contributor resources and relationships with social media partners.
- The role will work closely with the Confederation of Golf in Ireland to ensure the profile of ladies and girl’s golf is fresh, relevant and contributes to the growth of the game. In addition the position will be responsible for the production of the ILGU’s Annual Report, Handbook, Championship brochures and regular publications.
- The Communications and Digital Officer will work to improve the quality and consistency of the ILGU website, social media and other communications to members, clubs and volunteers through the provision of training and development of standards and guidelines for content management.
- Develop an ILGU social media strategy
- Manage and maintain all website and social media platforms
- Develop relationships with Sports Media and Intermediaries
- Develop and issue Press Releases on achievements and activities in ladies and girls golf
- Create, edit and write content for the website, newsletters, social media channels and blogs etc.
- Maintain strong working relationships with the Golfing Union of Ireland with overall responsibility for the content of a joint landing page for golf
Skills and Experience
- Have a third-level qualification, background in sports journalism or media or demonstrate relevant experience in PR/media/press office, preferably sports related.
- Have a passion for sport with a good knowledge and interest in female golf
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Have strong administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Innovative and creative in the development of strategies and programmes, and in managing relationships
- Have experience of website management and work closely with website developers from design phase through to implementation
- Be competent in the operation of common IT software including Microsoft office packages.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to mentor and motivate volunteers.
ü The position is based in the Irish Ladies Golf Union office, Q House, Furze Road, Sandyford and will involve working closely with current staff and with key volunteer committees as appropriate.
ü The salary for the position is negotiable and will be based on experience.
ü Travel and flexibility around working hours is necessary.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this role or if you would like to find out more information about the role The Irish Ladies Golf Union please contact Lorraine Lally on 01-6146052 for a confidential call or email your CV to Lorraine.email@example.com
For more information Please review the website: www.ilgu.ie
Follow The Irish Ladies Golf Union on Twitter https://twitter.com/IrishLadiesGolf
Closing date for receipt of application of Friday 11th July at 5pm.