The IHA is seeking to appoint a Hockey Agent to cover the North Dublin area. The aim of the role is to supplement and support the existing development network with the goal of increasing participation. The Hockey Agent will work alongside the Regional Development Manager by providing IHA certified services to the hockey community. The Hockey Agent will be an independent operator, trained and supported by the IHA, but operating as a separate business generating its own income. This is an opportunity for enterprising individuals to develop a part time or full time business to satisfy these demands. Successful individuals will be trained by the IHA and licensed to operate on their behalf. They will develop their business by working in local schools and clubs with the IHA providing ongoing support, further training in hockey and by referring opportunities to them. The intention is that the role will start in October 2014.
Hockey Agents play a key role in developing hockey nationally. The main aim of the role is to increase participation levels in hockey. This will be achieved by working within the local network of schools and clubs. The person selected for each area will also be working with the support of the Strategic Development Director (SDD) and under the management of the Regional Development Manager (RDM) for the branch.
Following their selection the Hockey Agents will be licensed for 12 months and will meet with the SDD and RDM to establish key priorities following which a suggested work programme for their area will be drawn up. Training will be provided and once in position, the officers will report formally to their RDM regularly and will be expected to travel to Dublin or centralised venues very occasionally for central IHA training. A review will take place on a 6 month basis. Successful applicants will be expected to take out the necessary insurance cover and will be required to sign a license agreement. We will also need to ensure that Hockey Agents are going through the proper tax system, and will need to have a record of either a Tax Clearance Certificate or a Tax Free Allowance Certificate in the name of Irish Hockey Limited.
- Transition Year Programme
- Quick Hockey Leadership Award
- Stepping Stones courses
- Youth Leader Programme
This description is not to be regarded as comprehensive as there may be other opportunities that may arise.
- Code of Ethics Awareness Course
- Preference for qualified IHA Level 2 Coach
- Minimum for qualified IHA Level 1 Coach
- IHA Garda/Access NI Vetted by the IHA
- Access to a car and full drivers license
- Knowledge of the local area in which they will work
- Knowledge of the IHA coaching pathway and ethos
- Knowledge of sport development
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently on their own initiative
- Ability to successfully achieve targets and overcome challenges
- Ability to work within existing programmes and with pre-determined policies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of teachers, schools and clubs
It is extremely important that the Hockey Agent will be available to deliver programmes on behalf of the IHA. This means that anyone applying must be available at key times, in which hockey is delivered i.e. afternoons, evenings and weekends.
Please send a cover letter and CV as follows:
Strategic Development Director
Irish Hockey Association
Or email email@example.com
All selected candidates will be subject to the Code of Ethics Recruitment and Selection Procedures before they are appointed. All applications must be submitted by 10th October.