Irish Amateur Boxing Association (IABA) require a Commercial and Marketing Manager on a one year contract responsible for the development and implementation of the Commercial and Marketing agenda for IABA. The individual will provide the leadership, creativity and the direction to maximise the sales and revenue generation for IABA through their existing stakeholders and new opportunities.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Lead and develop the Commercial and Marketing agenda for IABA
- Ticket Sales – Will maximise sales across all IABA competitions at the National Stadium and Regional Venues throughout the entire Island
- Develop & implement key strategies, including – pricing, sales system, agents, clubs, IABA and others
- Develop and execute a marketing plan to maximise awareness of boxing and drive sales of season tickets and competition attendances and usage of the national stadium.
- Lead the sponsorship strategy, manage and develop existing sponsors and build new partnerships and relationships
- Work with the Financial Controller to develop the annual budget and manage cost and revenue streams through the season
- Work with the Website Manager to constantly develop the IABA website and E-Commerce opportunities to maximise online communication to our customers
- Lead and develop hospitality sales agenda in National Stadium.
- Manage the Competition day commercial and hospitality agenda
- Maximise advertising revenues for IABA through all media – Stadia, Programme and e-commerce
- Work with the relevant personnel to deliver the commercial requirements of management
- Lead the Social Media strategy for the Association and its members and provide media training to members where appropriate.
Skills & Experience
- Business Marketing or relevant 3rd level Degree
- At least five years commercial experience at Management level
- An experienced sales professional with a proven track record in delivering cost and revenue targets in a competitive environment.
- A strong marketing and branding background.
- Excellent management, organisational, communication, teamwork and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- An adaptable and flexible individual who has the ability to think strategically, devise and execute plans as well as have a hands-on approach to work.
- Good knowledge of I.T. including Office packages, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Personality: confident, creative, enterprising, motivated by targets, well presented, excellent people skills
IABA will be inviting selected candidates in for interview after the 23rd May 2014 and will reply to applicants after this date. This position will be based in the National Boxing Stadium Dublin 8.
For more information, click here