To make a major strategic contribution to the deliberations of the Board of Ireland Active in relation to marketing, communications, PR and Public Affairs. This is a voluntary unpaid role.
About Ireland Active
Ireland Active is the national association for the leisure, health and fitness sector with over 350 members across Ireland. Our membership is comprised of leisure centres, gyms, sports facilities, education providers and other organisations in the activity sector. The key strategic objectives of Ireland Active are to be the voice of the sector, to represent our members, to develop policy and raise standards, to offer quality member services and to be an operationally effective organisation. We are on the journey towards compliance with the Governance Code for the voluntary sector in 2020. Our office is based at Irish Sport HQ at the National Sports Campus in Dublin with seven staff members. Ireland Active promotes, supports and protects the social and economic importance of the Irish leisure, health and fitness sector with the aim of getting more people, more active, more often.
- Board Meetings – normally six per year, held in Dublin. Most meetings are held on weekday mornings/afternoons.
- Committees – contribute to at least one committee, at least four meetings per year, usually held in Dublin.
- Events– attendance at events throughout the year, including the annual conference and NQS Awards
- Term- Directors terms are for 3 years
- Experience of marketing, communications, PR and/or public affairs in a professional capacity
- Independence (i.e. not from a member organisation of Ireland Active/REPs Ireland or any of its committees) and without any conflicts of interest
- Knowledge of the not for profit sector
Applications for this opportunity should be emailed with the title ‘Independent Director’ to email@example.com by 21st February 2020.
Applicants should include a Covering Letter addressing how they meet the criteria of the role, and a full CV with references.
All enquiries about the nature, duties and expectations of the role can be forwarded to Conn McCluskey, CEO, Ireland Active at firstname.lastname@example.org