Swim Ireland Vacancy: HR Manager (PT)
Swim Ireland is the National Governing Body for Swimming, Water Polo, Diving and associated Aquatic Disciplines on the island of Ireland. Swim Ireland’s Head Office is based at Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 with 30+ employees. For further information, please see our website at www.swimireland.ie
We are currently recruiting for a HR Manager (part-time) to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the effective management of our employees and HR within the business. This is a stand-alone role that will develop and enhance our HR infrastructure to support our growing organisation.
HR Manager (part-time position).
Role and Reporting Structure
The purpose of the role will be to lead in the provision of the full range of HR activities including HR advices, recruitment, policy development, staff engagement, remuneration, performance support and HR IT Systems. We also wish to explore the values and culture of the work environment and this role will have a lead in supporting a review and specific initiatives in this regard.
This newly created role will report to the Operations Director and will form part of the general management team structure.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage recruitment processes within the organisation including employee induction processes
- Further develop and maintain a HR documentation system and general HR administration tasks
- Advise and recommend on all employee issues as they arise
- Support the Management Team on strategic HR initiatives
- Develop, monitor and review HR Policies including the Employee Handbook and create/amend/update as required
- Advise and create relevant employee engagement programmes within the organisation
- Monitor and control the process of employee probation/performance reviews
- Support the CEO on payroll benchmarking and annual remuneration reviews
- Lead and support the ongoing development and training of employees
- Support various ad-hoc HR activities as they occur
- Be eligible to work in Ireland on a full-time basis
- Excellent working knowledge of IT and software packages including MSOffice, Word and PowerPoint and relevant HR packages
- Excellent command of English language both spoken and written.
Education and Experience
- +5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Relevant HR degree or equivalent
- Relevant CIPD Qualification (or equivalent)
- Thorough knowledge of current employment legislation and its application.
- Understand how to build and align culture
- Excellent communication and administration skills
- Excellent people skills
- Well-developed conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Flexible and adaptable attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Handling of sensitive information using discretion and confidentiality
- Team player and ability to work on own initiative as well as in a small, dedicated Management Team
Applicants should note that this list is not exhaustive and is subject to change as required as appropriate.
Remuneration and Location
- The package will include a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Position Tenure: 3 year fixed-term contract
- Hours per week: 20 hours
- Position Location: Swim Ireland Head Office, Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
- The closing date for applications is 22 May 2019
- Cover letter and CV – which will be treated on a confidential basis – are being processed through IrishJobs.ie – please see link below:
- Following short-listing process, it is planned to hold interviews during w/c 3 June 2019
- Role will commence as soon as possible thereafter.
Appointment will be made subject to satisfactory:
- Garda Vetting
- suitable reference check and
- pre-employment medical.
Swim Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer