Location: Sport Ireland Institute, National Sports Campus, Abbotstown, D15.
Contract Length: 2 year fixed term contract
Full time / Part time: Full time
Application closing date: Monday 7th January, 2019
The IABA is the National Governing Body responsible for the development and management of the sport of amateur boxing in Ireland. The IABA High Performance Programme has been delivering consistent world success for Ireland in the ring and is the highest performing Olympic sport in the Country. To assist our high performance system to continue its drive towards sustaining success in Tokyo 2020 and beyond, the IABA are now seeking to appoint an Operations Officer for its High Performance Unit on a two year fixed term basis. This fulltime position is of strategic importance to the IABA in underpinning its high performance programme and enhances the current professional structures in place. Reporting directly to the High Performance Manager and the High Performance Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of all logistical processes and administration associated with the effective running of the IABA High Performance Unit.
Key Job Duties & Responsibilities
• To support all travel, competition, and training camp logistics for high performance teams.
• To update and maintain the High Performance Unit’s database via the IABA’s bespoke CRM system.
• To keep comprehensive records of all activities within the High Performance Unit.
• To play a fundamental role in planning, implementing and evaluating a number of key development programmes within the unit.
• Support the delivery of all communications, training and competition arrangements with the International bodies and federations.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with the relevant personnel within AIBA, EUBC, OCI, Sport Ireland, SII, SINI, Sport NI.
• Perform ad hoc duties as required.
|· Knowledge of the operational processes necessary to support the effective and efficient running of Teams, Projects and Programmes.
· Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation processes and their link to continuous improvement.
· Knowledge of budgetary protocols, procedures and processes, their design and management.
· Relevant experience in office administration, preferably in a sporting organisation.
· Demonstrated understanding of the structure and dynamics of Irish Sport.
· Demonstrated high level experience in developing, monitoring, maintaining and implementing information records, policy and procedures.
|· A relevant third level qualification.
· Knowledge relevant within high performance sport.
· Experience in a similar role in high performance sport.
· Full driving license.
• Driven by Achieving Results
o Has the will to win and support winners
o Has the will to continuously grow and adapt
o Focused on consistently achieving goals
o Continually seeks out and take on feedback from others
o Understands the impact of their behaviour on others
o Remains grounded
o Works through challenges and adapts as required to achieve the best outcomes for the Team and Organisation
Role Specific Competencies:
• Planning and Prioritising
o Sets clear and realistic expectations
o Zeros in on critical factors
o Delivers against agreed objectives on time
• Organisational Savvy
o Is sensitive to how people and organisations function
• Building & Maintaining Relationships
o Able to build rapport quickly through approachability and putting others at ease
o Operates with integrity and maintains confidentiality when required
How To Apply
Please send a Curriculum Vitae along with a Covering Letter via e-mail detailing your suitability for the position on offer to email@example.com no later than 5pm Monday 7th January 2019. Please reference “Operations Officer” in the subject of your email.