Head of Development & Club Support – Golf Ireland
About Golf Ireland:
Based in Carton Demesne, near Maynooth, Golf Ireland is the national governing body responsible for leading, growing and supporting the game of golf for all on the island of Ireland. In addition to the Carton Demesne site, Golf Ireland has teams
based in four regional offices in each of the provinces of Ireland. The teams in these locations are responsible for the delivery of local operations in conjunction with their respective Regional Executive Committees. The primary functions of Golf Ireland include the administration of Championships and Inter-Club events, the administration of the World Handicap System and the
Rules of Golf and Amateur Status, the delivery of a world-class high performance programme, contesting and hosting international fixtures, supporting clubs and growing the game. Golf Ireland now wishes to invite applications for the following role to be based at Golf Ireland HQ at Carton Demesne.
About the Role:
Reporting the Chief Operations Officer, the Golf Ireland Head of Development & Club Support will be a direct line manager to seven members of staff that includes: five Regional Development & Club Support Officers, Golf Ireland’s Women in Golf
Manager as well as Handicapping and Course Rating Manager. Principal Responsibilities:
• Be part of the creation and implementation of the relevant strategies and implementation plan associated with Development and Club Support.
• Ensure there is a consistent approach to all programmes across the four regions.
• Manage the activity of direct reports providing clear guidance and feedback as required.
• Critically review Golf Ireland guidance, resources and initiatives being provided through the Development and Club Support department.
• Build strong relationships with the relevant governing bodies that Golf Ireland work with.
• Input to the submission of funding applications and reviews to the related funding bodies.• Work with the Director of High-Performance Director/National Coach to ensure the Golf Ireland pathway from Club to High Performance level is a fluid process.
• Work with the four Regional Managers in relation the operational duties of the Regional Development and Club Support Officers.
• Provide clear and regular reports to the Chief Operations Officer. About the Candidate: Experience & Knowledge:
• Experience working within the golf industry is desirable.
• Experience working as a Safeguarding Tutor is desirable
• A deep and broad knowledge of development and club support.
• Ability to develop and implement strategies and plans.
• Experience working with funding bodies.
• Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders by sharing information and identifying and dealing with issues effectively.
• Has strong communication and organisational skills.
• Has the ability to effectively manage others.
• Has the ability to lead a team and work with others.
• Can adapt to frequent changes in workload and has the ability to prioritise work accordingly.
• Willing to be held to account and measured on performance.
• Open to receiving and taking on board constructive feedback
How to Apply:
Applications for the role must include a cover letter and curriculum vitae and be sent to email@example.com on or before 1700 on Friday, April 2nd, 2021. Golf Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.