GAA Handball are now accepting applications for the position of Development & Club Support Officer. The successful candidate will join the GAA Handball team and will be responsible for implementing a framework to support and develop clubs, and to facilitate increased participation in playing numbers. The Development & Club Support Officer will also assist with the implementation of the Coaching and Development Plan for GAA Handball.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Work with National Development Officer to implement the Coaching and Development Plan throughout Ireland;
2. Act as primary point of contact for Clubs in relation to support issues;
3. Responsible for the implementation of GAA Handball Club Accreditation, Club Development and Club Education initiatives;
4. Assist the development of GAA Handball’s School Initiative; Target membership growth in clubs and schools and assist with the development of effective club/school links;
5. Work with Tutors, GAA Development Officers and Provincial Development Officers to ensure handball coaching and coach education is delivered in as many areas as possible;
6. Assist with the running of coaching courses and development squads, and provide assistance at organised tournaments;
7. Administrative office duties when required.
• At least 3 years’ experience of working in the GAA or similar sporting organisation (Voluntary or Professional Capacity);
• Experience of sports coaching and development;
• Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills;
• Excellent administrative and IT skills with a strong working knowledge of IT related packages and systems;
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written);
• Excellent relationship and conflict management skills; ability to be flexible and handle challenging situations;
• Ability to work independently on own initiative and perform as part of a team;
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines; hands-on approach to getting things done with a demonstrable ability to work well under pressure;
• Foundation Level GAA Coaching Qualification;
• Own car with a full clean driving license;
• Award 1 GAA Coaching Qualification;
• Tutor qualification;
• Relevant third level Degree in the area of sports & coaching;
• Knowledge of GAA Handball structures.
Ability to work and attend evening and weekend meetings/activities in addition to normal day to day activities.
Please note the post is subject to Garda Vetting.
Candidates interested in the above role should apply by sending an up to date Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae before 1pm on Monday, 28th January 2019.
The GAA is an equal opportunities employer.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY https://jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1775225