Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Cumann Lúthchleas Gael is Ireland’s leading sporting and cultural organisation with membership approaching one million people and in excess of 500,000 playing participants at all levels. Inspired by its amateur status and supported by the voluntary efforts of all its members, the GAA devotes its entire resources to the development of Gaelic Games and Culture nationally and in local communities.
COUNTY GAMES DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATOR (2)
The Tipperary County Board wish to recruit two County Games Development Administrators. The successful candidates will be responsible for the implementation of GAA Games Development Policy and will report directly to the Tipperary County Games Manager. The successful applicants will be expected to work as part of a team in conjunction with other full time and voluntary personnel to deliver set goals and objectives for all GAA sports.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Implement a regular programme of games appropriate to the age and ability of the various playing groups at all levels.
- Introduce coaching and skill development initiatives appropriate to the age and ability of the various playing groups.
- Deliver a programme of courses and workshops appropriate to the requirements of Coaches, Administrators and Referees to fulfil their various functions in a Games Development context.
- Introduce and implement a variety of initiatives to support the development of a sustainable sports system by managing the identification, recruitment and training of key personnel within Clubs, Schools and Counties to effectively develop Gaelic Games in the community.
- Strong experience of working in the GAA or similar sporting organization (Voluntary or Professional Capacity)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, strong ability to work in high-pressure situations
- Excellent administrative and IT Skills are essential
- Award 1 GAA Coaching Qualification would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent communication/presentation skills (verbal and written)
- An appropriate Third Level Qualification would be a distinct advantage
How to Apply:
Candidates interested in the above roles should apply by sending an up to date Curriculum Vitae through the Apply Now section here on or before 5pm on Monday 21st October 2013.
GAA is an equal opportunities employer.