Financial Operations Administrator
Tennis Ireland is the National Governing Body for the sport of tennis in Ireland.
The organisation was founded in 1908, has almost 180 affiliated clubs and engages with almost 80,000 players. Tennis Ireland stages Pro Tour events including the AIG Irish Open Championships, and selects teams to participate in the Fed Cup, Davis Cup and other international events at Junior, Senior and Veterans level. Tennis Ireland also supports the delivery of a wide range of competitive, educational and development programmes at local, provincial and national levels.
Tennis Ireland has a vision to inspire and connect people of all ages and backgrounds to play, compete, achieve, enjoy and be part of Tennis in Ireland and we would like those who share that vision to work for us.
Working in Tennis is more than just a job. Tennis isn’t only a game, it’s a passion shared across cultures, borders and languages.
It’s a social ‘rendezvous’ with friends and family and is a sport which promotes key values and principles such as Excellence, Inclusiveness, Dynamism, Determination and Integrity. It’s a sport that is moving to be at the cutting-edge of innovation and opportunity.
Tennis Ireland’s membership is gender diverse with almost equal male and female participation and we are also diverse in terms of our workforce.
We are looking for a talented professional, driven by passion, purpose and pride to support its finance function.
The role of the Financial Operations Assistant will be to support the finance function by engaging with key stakeholders and supporting the collection of fees and issuing payments as required.
The successful individual will perform a wide range of administrative duties to support the organisation. This role will provide a significant opportunity to gain relevant experience and to potentially advance their career in the sports or finance sector
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the interaction and correspondence with affiliated member clubs – utilising the company’s ZOHO CRM platform, email and phone.
- Manage the Annual Fee Returns process with affiliated clubs – data returns, invoicing and collections.
- Manage and maintain affiliation fee income, tournament income and key programme income e.g. Performance Squad income.
- Manage payments to contracted coaches as required.
- Follow-up and pursue overdue invoices by telephone and correspondence within agreed timescales.
- Supporting the preparation of management accounts, budgets, cashflow forecasts for each provincial branch and key Tennis Ireland programmes.
- Managing and maintaining invoice processing (accounts receivable / accounts payable), monthly payment runs, bank reconciliations, squad’s reconciliation, intercompany transactions.
- Supporting the preparation of managements accounts, reports for funding agencies and assisting in the management programme costs.
- Prepare bank lodgements on a regular basis.
- Review and manage approved expense claims.
We are looking for a candidate that will have;
- Experience working in a similar role for at least 2 years, are confident dealing with people via email and over the phone and have exceptional communication skills.
- An Accounting Technician Cert or equivalent.
- Previous experience of dealing with collections/debtors.
- A professional approach in all aspects of the role and ability to follow through on queries until resolution.
- Experience in dealing with volunteers or board/committee members of a non-for-profit
- Strong self-motivation and be driven to achieve set targets.
- A mindset of a Team player and an ability to work under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite particularly Excel & Word.
- Familiarity with Xero, ZOHO Forms, Survey Monkey.
- Satisfactory Garda / Police Vetting
- Remuneration will be dependent on relevant experience.
- The role is a permanent contract subject to a successful period of probation.
- The post is Dublin based.
How to apply
Letter of application and CV should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on 14 December 2020. Please reference Finance Operations Application in the subject line.
|Advertising Date||Closing Date||Short-listing Date||Interview Dates
Tennis Ireland is an equal opportunities employer